The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kallisto
That is a good and clear argument for chemistry, but can chemistry tell you how the matters (molecules and atoms) work and interact with each other without biological aspects?

True; but honestly, every science rely on another. So there is no such a thing as the 'best science'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MaherPhd
True; but honestly, every science rely on another. So there is no such a thing as the 'best science'

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agree without any complaints. Because of these connections of sciences to each other, a best science does not exist, but it is up to everyone of us to reason why a certain science is the best. :wink:
Personally, biology. Although I appreciate all the great things that chemistry and physics have done, the medical advancements of biologists in the likes of vaccines, treatments, prenatal testing, disease research, etc are so important (yes, I do understand that chemistry and physics are also fundamental to all this).

The study of biological processes and sustainable ecosystems is also so important for our own development and keeping the world plentiful for future generations.
This thread is ridiculous and stupid. Nature doesn't care about the boxes we divide it into. Also lol at people saying x science is evil because it invented some weapon or whatever. Without those advancement we wouldn't have progressed as a civilisation at all. Science isn't good or evil only humanities use of it. That said pretty much all areas of science have more positive than negative.
Reply 144
Original post by T Jack Zhang
Geology:biggrin:

excuse_me_what.jpg
Biology. We use the stuff we learn
Biology
Original post by Divergent4
Biology

Did you say that because it is your favorite science? no reasons?

Original post by Katieb1232002
Biology. We use the stuff we learn

Does that mean you are working in a laboratory or a similar place to use this stuff?
Original post by BigYoSpeck
I agree, you disagree.
:toofunny: This is one of the best responses I've ever seen in a TSR debate.

Original post by Cherub012
Psychology.
In this century, I have to agree. Previously, no.
The majority of these comments are biased tbh. And here come another 😁!!Chemistry is the discipline of science concerned with elements the atoms they’re made of and the compounds they make. The earth is made of elements and the first humans who practiced or even studied “science” no matter how primitive the the science was, were practising chemistry. Before you think about anything the elements and atoms which make up everything make up the basis of all science, chemistry is science. In physics which looks at huge or tiny scales uses atomic chemistry as a basis and since no grand unifying theory is even close to being found essentially physics is applied maths especially for simple electro systems and biology is a floppy branch of chemistry. The medicinal and drug advancements in biology start with the elements/ atoms in chemistry and it’s analytical techniques. An element is something we can smell, touch hear and see with the naked eye, science is just the acquisition and development of knowledge. NO other science would be a science without chemistry. Chemistry is science. Period.
Original post by BigYoSpeck
Biology and chemistry have done far more to improve the quality of life for people than physics has ever done, chemistry has probably been responsible for the greatest loss of life of all 3 sciences, so biology wins by default.

Without physics, you wouldn't be able to get an X-ray or MRI in hospital or anywhere. No Fibre Internet either as that is all light waves traveling through optic cables which is physics. Talk about quality of life without those.
Mine is d mos importan science. Mine.
Original post by Little Popcorns
Mine is d mos importan science. Mine.

Original post by Art111111
Without physics, you wouldn't be able to get an X-ray or MRI in hospital or anywhere. No Fibre Internet either as that is all light waves traveling through optic cables which is physics. Talk about quality of life without those.

Oh dear mri is NMR which is an analytical chemistry technique for atomic nuclei. A physicist may have discovered it but it was chemists who applied and used it in chemistry
Biology
Depends how you look at it, you cannot base the most important science on how many people have been killed due to it. The most important if you look at electricity or say a car crash, physics is the most important, however in medicine biology and chemistry are more important. If your looking at how lights work or x-rays then physics again. Tbh they are pretty equal
Physics is the most boring but it is important but biology is the most important as we probably wouldn’t be here now.
(edited 5 years ago)
Physics is the most boring but it is important but biology is the most important as we probably wouldn’t be here now.

But without (astro-)physics, it would not came to big bang, therefore life were not come into existence, so physics is more important than biology. Your view is a bit clumsy.
(edited 5 years ago)
on here this debate is never going to be concluded. Life has nothing to do with todays sciences, the probability of all of us being here is to do with numbers, go and look at how the Fibonacci sequence exists in everything from the number of cells in the body, the number of petals on a flower, to the number of stars in the solar system, which already connected the '3 main' sciences before they were split

Physics isn’t boring, it also has the most range practically everything can be related to physics
Original post by Kallisto
But without (astro-)physics, it would not came to big bang, therefore life were not come into existence, so physics is more important than biology. Your view is a bit clumsy.

I am not saying it’s not important but with out biology we would not have things to save our life’s, medical cures, genetics and it creates our health care today (as well as chemistry which helps create medicines). You said about the Big Bang, we don’t even learn this in GCSE science so it can’t be that important

Latest

Trending

Trending