The Student Room Group

Animation Work Experience?

Hi.

I'm currently 17, living in Essex, and I've been wanting to get into animation for a very long time. It's an avid dream of mine, but sometimes the goal seems very distant and I lose courage. I'm trying to up my experience--

So I'm wondering if anybody knows of any way in which I can gain some work experience in the animation field.

I was talking to a class mate and she said that she'd done some work experience at Cartoon Network (I don't quite know whereabouts), thanks to a family friend. I've tried looking online but there's not much I can find at the moment.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions, or advice. I can't thank you enough.

Abi
Original post by newtbeaut
Hi.

I'm currently 17, living in Essex, and I've been wanting to get into animation for a very long time. It's an avid dream of mine, but sometimes the goal seems very distant and I lose courage. I'm trying to up my experience--

So I'm wondering if anybody knows of any way in which I can gain some work experience in the animation field.

I was talking to a class mate and she said that she'd done some work experience at Cartoon Network (I don't quite know whereabouts), thanks to a family friend. I've tried looking online but there's not much I can find at the moment.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions, or advice. I can't thank you enough.

Abi

Online is the best place to look. Look for companies in your area and send out a load of emails or even ring or try to visit them. There may also be formal schemes.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Online is the best place to look. Look for companies in your area and send out a load of emails or even ring or try to visit them. There may also be formal schemes.

Yes! I'll definitely do that. I think it'll be really key if I want to work in the field later down the line. Thank you so much :h:

Quick Reply

Latest