The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

missed the Leeds deadline!! for sep 2018

is it possible (and do I stand a chance) at applying for Leeds university if I haven't applied yet? My course is undergraduate biomedical engineering. Can someone please advise me on what to do? thanks.
Original post by sarah99630
is it possible (and do I stand a chance) at applying for Leeds university if I haven't applied yet? My course is undergraduate biomedical engineering. Can someone please advise me on what to do? thanks.

phone the admissions tutor/department for biomedical engineering and ask if they have any places in ucas extra, if they do you can apply through ucas extra
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by madmadmax321
phone the admissions tutor/department for biomedical engineering and ask if they have any places in ucas extra, if they do you can apply through ucas extra

okay, I will do that, thank you!! is it okay if I email the professor of BME?

If you haven't applied yet then you don't need to use Extra. However, before submitting a normal, but late, application check with Leeds whether they are still accepting applications for this course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
If you haven't applied yet then you don't need to use Extra. However, before submitting a normal, but late, application check with Leeds whether they are still accepting applications for this course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will do that! Thank youu
Reply 5

Posted from TSR Mobile

for example if they say there are actually slots available, if I apply, after how long will they let me know if I got a conditional offer or not?
for example if they say there are actually slots available, if I apply, after how long will they let me know if I got a conditional offer or not?

No idea - it can vary from a few hours to a few months. Are you planning to apply elsewhere or just Leeds?

I would suggest phoning given the relative urgency, but if they say yes you can apply make sure you get that via email as confirmation.
Reply 7
No idea - it can vary from a few hours to a few months. Are you planning to apply elsewhere or just Leeds?

I would suggest phoning given the relative urgency, but if they say yes you can apply make sure you get that via email as confirmation.

Leeds (if possible ) and University of Alberta (canada) both of which are competitive which is scaring me. besides, most unis deadlines have passed anyway.
Leeds (if possible ) and University of Alberta (canada) both of which are competitive which is scaring me. besides, most unis deadlines have passed anyway.

The UK deadline of January 15th was for equal consideration, not an absolute deadline.
Reply 9
The UK deadline of January 15th was for equal consideration, not an absolute deadline.

doesn't it drastically reduce my chances of getting in?
doesn't it drastically reduce my chances of getting in?

In a word, yes, but it doesn't make it impossible.

Why only Leeds in the UK?
In a word, yes, but it doesn't make it impossible.

Why only Leeds in the UK?

It doesn't exactly have to be Leeds tbh, I just randomly bumped into it when checking unis that offer biomedical engineering. Do you have any other suggestions?
It doesn't exactly have to be Leeds tbh, I just randomly bumped into it when checking unis that offer biomedical engineering. Do you have any other suggestions?

It's not a subject I know much about. Have a look round the relevant forums on here, and even at the so-called league tables to get a broad idea. Then go into detail on individual uni websites.
It's not a subject I know much about. Have a look round the relevant forums on here, and even at the so-called league tables to get a broad idea. Then go into detail on individual uni websites.

okay I will :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest