The Student Room Group

Biomedical Science at Warwick or St George's?

Which is better in terms of maximizing chances to get into medical school after?
Original post by HelpQuickQues
Which is better in terms of maximizing chances to get into medical school after?

Does either recruit from their own biomed courses?
I went to the sgul offer holder day for medicine and a few of the people showimy us around were biomed students who now have an offer to study med at the uni in the 4 year grad course. Because there were a shortage of med students last year because a lot of people didn't make their offer, they had to go to clearing and also offered places to their biomed students already at the uni (but this meant they had to do the full 5 year undergrad course instead of 4 which was fine but still annoying for them because they pretty much already done the content for the first 2 years of medicine in their biomed course, just more lab based than clinically based).

I don't really know Warwick so I can't speak for them. But I know a few people who switched courses from biomed to medicine at St Georges. But you need to work really hard for it as there's only 20 places. If not, you can apply after the degree at the uni too.
Original post by Nurani61105
I went to the sgul offer holder day for medicine and a few of the people showimy us around were biomed students who now have an offer to study med at the uni in the 4 year grad course. Because there were a shortage of med students last year because a lot of people didn't make their offer, they had to go to clearing and also offered places to their biomed students already at the uni (but this meant they had to do the full 5 year undergrad course instead of 4 which was fine but still annoying for them because they pretty much already done the content for the first 2 years of medicine in their biomed course, just more lab based than clinically based).

I don't really know Warwick so I can't speak for them. But I know a few people who switched courses from biomed to medicine at St Georges. But you need to work really hard for it as there's only 20 places. If not, you can apply after the degree at the uni too.

Thanks for the advice and information. Only thing is that St George's uses the GAMSAT for graduate entry and I would prefer doing the UKCAT.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending