The Student Room Group

Shockingly Bad Propaganda Advert - Ancestrydna.com

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ByEeek
I am still to be given just one - yep that's right - just one law imposed by the EU that is somehow holding us back. Just one. Go on - any you like!

Ok

It is and has always been a fundamental and core value of the UK that a person is innocent until proved guilty.

That principle is underwritten by ancient law called "Habeus Corpus"

No right minded citizen would wish to eradicate that law, that fundamental principle, that core right of every man and women to be treated fairly, judged by a jury of right and honest people.

Enter the totalitarian federal states of Europe, the EU.

Habeus Corpus is now replaced by their version of this called Corpus Juris

This gives the state power to seize and imprison anyone, indefinitely, without a shred of evidence, simply on suspicion. It is then up to the individual to prove their innocence which is somewhat difficult to do whilst imprisoned.

I suggest people familiarise themselves with Corpus Juris and Habeus Corpus to understand how the very backbone of our democratic principles are being undermined by the corrupt EU.

http://www.caef.org.uk/d44corpusjuris.html

http://www.silentmajority.co.uk/silentmajority/eurorealist/corpus_juris.html
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by PilgrimOfTruth
Ok

It is and has always been a fundamental and core value of the UK that a person is innocent until proved guilty.

No right minded citizen would wish to eradicate that law, that fundamental principle, that core right of every man and women to be treated fairly, judged by a jury of right and honest people.

This gives the state power to seize and imprison anyone, indefinitely, without a shred of evidence, simply on suspicion. It is then up to the individual to prove their innocence which is somewhat difficult to do whilst imprisoned.

I suggest people familiarise themselves with Corpus Juris and Habeus Corpus to understand how the very backbone of our democratic principles are being undermined by the corrupt EU.

Oh come off it. There are groups withing the EU who would gladly have murdered anyone who doesnthave blue eyes and blonde hair. And some Tories want to legalise fox hunting again. It doesn't mean it will happen though.
Original post by ByEeek
Oh come off it. There are groups withing the EU who would gladly have murdered anyone who doesnthave blue eyes and blonde hair. And some Tories want to legalise fox hunting again. It doesn't mean it will happen though.

It was kinda predictable that having challenged people to name one EU law that is detrimental to us, and having been given one, that you would then be in denial and deflect.
they ought to stop those adverts with talking meerkats. it is so misleading.... MEERKATS CAN'T SPEAK

please report them to the Advertising Standards Authority.
You right wing crybaby SJWs are the worst.
My profile picture is Nigel Farage, yet even I think you're being a whiny drama queen
Yep but in the world of advertising what you display MUST be factually correct.

Britain is NOT leaving Europe.

Therefore this advert contravenes the rules and should be removed.

Hope you see the difference there

I do see the difference and understand that it is incorrect. And I agree that there are people who genuinely can't tell the difference between the EU and Europe. However, I still don't think adverts should have to cater to idiots like that. I would say the same about the infamous Leave bus. It's a stupid advert but I wouldn't spend my time trying to get it banned.
Another example of cultural marxist propaganda to keep the sheeple in their place.
If ever there was an example of extreme brainwashing this is surely it. An advert playing the airwaves repeatedly right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GntV_xseqR8

Watch out for it and be angry at how stupid they take you for in thinking they can dupe you with their sleight of hand tricks.

Watch it and see if you can spot the outrageous errors.

These are clearly a bunch of whinging Remainers.

The ad says that :

"The average persons DNA is 60% European"

Well of course it is, Britain is part of Europe is it not?!!

The pearler is at the end of the ad where they proudly put up the strap line:

"We may be leaving Europe
But Europe will never leave us"

How insulting is that sleight of hand?

It's a complete lie, a total fabrication and how the ad got through advertising standards and checks we might well ask. This is propaganda of the worst kind imo.

Clearly Britain IS NOT LEAVING EUROPE !

Europe is a continent made up of differing and diverse countries. A great continent with a wide variety of values, traditions and local customs. I love it. I love Europeans. Nothing is changing in this respect. Britain is not leaving Europe, it will remain in Europe, it will remain a European country.

Britain is LEAVING THE EU . . . . the EUROPEAN UNION

See the difference?!

The EU is an unelected politburo of commie megalomaniacs whom the majority of voting Brits want no part of. The EU is what we are leaving, not Europe.

AncestryDNA can not surely be ignorant of that fact. Therefore this is imo pure propaganda by Remainers trying to thwart democracy and engender feelings of BrExit regret to get people to fight to Remain.

Advertising standards should never have let this air, and should now take it down. I will be reporting it. Hope others will too.

Most people’s dna will be uk, Irish and Northern Europe, of course and yes it should say eu
Original post by Maker
Brexiters are under the impression Britain will fit out board motors to East Anglia and sail into the middle of the Atlantic.

:fyi: if we fitted outboard motors we wouldn't be sailing, we'd be a motor boat. We'd need masts and a sail or two for sailing
Reply 30
Original post by Drewski
:fyi: if we fitted outboard motors we wouldn't be sailing, we'd be a motor boat. We'd need masts and a sail or two for sailing

So why are people working on ships without sails called sailors?
Original post by Maker
So why are people working on ships without sails called sailors?

Tradition.
Reply 32
Original post by Drewski
Tradition.

So are ships without sail can sail too. Its tradition don't you know old bean.
Ok

I don't believe any of this. Why not? Because the only sites I can find about it are conspiracy and biased alternative news type sites and the only reliable articles I can find about it are in the Independent and Telegraph and are about a law "proposed" in 2013. The fact that there is little or nothing on this issue since suggests that like many of the more extreme ideas that float up from time-to-time, it was buried in the long grass.

Unless you can provide me with official government web pages showing me the new law implemented as per a directive, I would say you are just scaremongering.

It certainly isn't the case as far as I am aware that the common law concept of innocent until proven guilty has been changed. I couldn't envisage such a law slipping through the net without widespread protest across Europe let alone the UK.
The BBC is one of the worst culprits for confusing Europe with the eu
Original post by ByEeek
Unless you can provide me with official government web pages showing me the new law implemented as per a directive, I would say you are just scaremongering.

House Of Commons

Foreign Affairs Committee

The FCO's Human Rights Work 2011
Third Report of Session 2012-2013

Pg 64

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=8UWe6zw8fTAC&pg=RA1-PA64&lpg=RA1-PA64&dq=%22across+the+EU,+people+who+have+not+been+convicted+of+any+crime+are+being+detained%22&source=bl&ots=7VCKBJr-XF&sig=oIka_Na5oikakILpou3rNbK6JAc&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiwvu7i6o_ZAhUpDcAKHfB7Dp8Q6AEIFDAA

"Key Findings in FTI's report were that:

- Approx 21% of the total EU prison population is in pre-trial detention and over a quarter of those detainees are foreign nationals

- Across the EU, people who have not been convicted of any crime are being detained without good reason for months or even years, often in appalling conditions that make trial preparation impossible

- Europe's over-use of pre-trial detention costs EU countries approximately EUR5 billion every year

"Key Findings in FTI's report were that:

- Approx 21% of the total EU prison population is in pre-trial detention and over a quarter of those detainees are foreign nationals

- Across the EU, people who have not been convicted of any crime are being detained without good reason for months or even years, often in appalling conditions that make trial preparation impossible

- Europe's over-use of pre-trial detention costs EU countries approximately EUR5 billion every year

Fair enough. But that doesn't affect our laws does it? I can't be detained by the UK state without reason or justification. What countries elsewhere do is up to them. And that is the point. You can still be in Europe and have your own laws just as other countries do.
Original post by ByEeek
Fair enough. But that doesn't affect our laws does it? I can't be detained by the UK state without reason or justification. What countries elsewhere do is up to them. And that is the point. You can still be in Europe and have your own laws just as other countries do.

Correct!
Where is the leave advert going to be aired? Probably never,as the monet men would never snction such an advert.We are not stupid,we know that other ads will follow.The next one has been aired,have you nseen the one for H.S.B.C.? How many more will we be subjected to?
Reply 39
Original post by blackadderforth
Where is the leave advert going to be aired? Probably never,as the monet men would never snction such an advert.We are not stupid,we know that other ads will follow.The next one has been aired,have you nseen the one for H.S.B.C.? How many more will we be subjected to?

As many as private cash will fund.

This is the freedom we Brexiteers fought for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending