The Student Room Group

Media Studies

Does anyone have any predictions for what’s coming up in the WJEC Eduqas Component 1 paper?
My teacher predicted Black Panther and WaterAid because it’s the last year they’re doing it.
(edited 11 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by A_B_C05
Does anyone have any predictions for what’s coming up in the WJEC Eduqas Component 1 paper?
My teacher predicted Black Panther and WaterAid because it’s the last year they’re doing it.

Yeah, I predict that Black Panther and WaterAid will be on there, the unseen video is probably going to be an advert since last year it was a music video.
Reply 2
Original post by A_B_C05

probably newspapers, they've been in it every year
Reply 3
Could also be tide, that's never come up before. It's definitely between tide and water aid for the 30 marker
Reply 4
didn’t wateraid come up last year though? also, do you think riptide is coming up? definitely not my favourite product
Reply 5
Original post by le-cygne
didn’t wateraid come up last year though? also, do you think riptide is coming up? definitely not my favourite product

I think it came up in section B but not section A. Riptide came up in 2021 I think so it could come up again but it’s more likely to be something from a while ago. If a music video were to come up I think it would be Formation over riptide!!
Reply 6
Original post by Normy15
I think it came up in section B but not section A. Riptide came up in 2021 I think so it could come up again but it’s more likely to be something from a while ago. If a music video were to come up I think it would be Formation over riptide!!

thanks, I much prefer formation so that’s good but i’ll go over riptide just in case. I don’t think kotv will come up since it comes up every year
Reply 7
Original post by Lavender_xo
probably newspapers, they've been in it every year

I think this year’s AS paper had a section B question on newspapers so maybe they’ll let us off
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 8
thanks, I much prefer formation so that’s good but i’ll go over riptide just in case. I don’t think kotv will come up since it comes up every year

Oh yeah that came up as the 30 marker last year so doubt it! Newspapers came in section B last year so I’m hoping that won’t be in it this year 😅
Reply 9
Original post by Normy15
Oh yeah that came up as the 30 marker last year so doubt it! Newspapers came in section B last year so I’m hoping that won’t be in it this year 😅

same, newspapers are the universally hated product haha. praying for section B to be on tide and black panther
same, newspapers are the universally hated product haha. praying for section B to be on tide and black panther

I'm really hoping we don't get anything for late night women's hour, I'm so bad at that topic
Reply 11
Original post by Aceful
Yeah, I predict that Black Panther and WaterAid will be on there, the unseen video is probably going to be an advert since last year it was a music video.

do you think the music video will be a representation comparison or media language question? pray to god we dont have to have representation, much prefer a print copy for that question
Original post by JJrevises
do you think the music video will be a representation comparison or media language question? pray to god we dont have to have representation, much prefer a print copy for that question

I don't think they'll put a media language music video, that was a question in last years exam. I doubt they would put it twice in a row
Reply 13
Original post by Froggers1679
I don't think they'll put a media language music video, that was a question in last years exam. I doubt they would put it twice in a row

ahhh *****t... oh well it might not be too bad, since it might be a nice comparison
Reply 14

me too omg that would be good! I thought tide wasn't covered in section B?
Reply 15

I think the contexts are, so you could get a economic, political, cultural or social question on it.
Reply 16

it could come up as an audience question - apparently it’s never been done before so they might decide to do it this year
Reply 17
Original post by Froggers1679
I'm really hoping we don't get anything for late night women's hour, I'm so bad at that topic

personally I find assassin’s creed more difficult than lnwh cause of all the technical info, but fingers crossed we get neither
Reply 18
it could come up as an audience question - apparently it’s never been done before so they might decide to do it this year

Has it ever come up before at all? I feel it will be in section B over section A though. I can sense wateraid for the 30 marker this year
Reply 19
Original post by Normy15
Has it ever come up before at all? I feel it will be in section B over section A though. I can sense wateraid for the 30 marker this year

yeah probably more likely to be in section B since it’s never come up there before. wateraid 30 marker comparison with an advert would be great

Quick Reply

Latest