The Student Room Group

✨ revision methods ✨

Hi, this is just a thread to post your favourite revision methods. I sometimes find that I want to know some new methods to try out, so I thought that this would be useful. 💕✨
I’m in my second year at uni studying maths so my revision methods probably won’t work for essay based subjects, but I found doing past papers and exercises and getting them marked by my teachers and lectures who would give me constructive feedback really helped
Reply 2
Original post by Howie_2114
I’m in my second year at uni studying maths so my revision methods probably won’t work for essay based subjects, but I found doing past papers and exercises and getting them marked by my teachers and lectures who would give me constructive feedback really helped

Do you mind me asking where you study?
Original post by Black Water
Do you mind me asking where you study?

I study at Portsmouth
Reply 4
YouTube videos and writing on my whiteboard are my favourite ways go revise
Reply 5
I study at Portsmouth

Nice. :smile: Did you take A-Level Further Maths?
:yy: If you have a whiteboard at home, write really concise notes or put diagrams on it, change it weekly or so! This is really fun! Use colours too, and if it's a magnetic whiteboard, you can pin up sheets of paper with whatever on too. :yy:Quizlet is brilliant for some things (like learning physics equations), doesn't work for everything though. I recommend making all the quizzes you do - it's not as effective when you do other people's because they work/think/notate differently, also the course might be a little different :yy: I generally like to give myself a small task for every subject a week (something really small, like read notes on C10 for instance - I get ideas throughout the week as I come across something and realise I've forgotten it!) :yy:With English or RE quotes I like to record myself saying it, especially if I have a long drive or a holiday, then you can just listen to them every now and then. It means you really know key quotes by heart and can just reel it off. That's all I can think of :smile: Hope someone takes something from this! x
(edited 6 years ago)
Nice. :smile: Did you take A-Level Further Maths?

Yes i did, all my further maths units were fp1,fp2,m1,m2,d1,s2,s3.
Edexcel exam board
Reply 8
Yes i did, all my further maths units were fp1,fp2,m1,m2,d1,s2,s3.
Edexcel exam board

Cool. :smile: How are you finding 2nd year?
Cool. :smile: How are you finding 2nd year?

It's tough and a lot of work but, its manageable
Reply 10
It's tough and a lot of work but, its manageable

Yeah it will be. Do you know what you want to do after?
Reply 11
Original post by Lizzie_2407
:yy: If you have a whiteboard at home, write really concise notes or put diagrams on it, change it weekly or so! This is really fun! Use colours too, and if it's a magnetic whiteboard, you can pin up sheets of paper with whatever on too. :yy:Quizlet is brilliant for some things (like learning physics equations), doesn't work for everything though. I recommend making all the quizzes you do - it's not as effective when you do other people's because they work/think/notate differently, also the course might be a little different :yy: I generally like to give myself a small task for every subject a week (something really small, like read notes on C10 for instance - I get ideas throughout the week as I come across something and realise I've forgotten it!) :yy:With English or RE quotes I like to record myself saying it, especially if I have a long drive or a holiday, then you can just listen to them every now and then. It means you really know key quotes by heart and can just reel it off. That's all I can think of :smile: Hope someone takes something from this! x

I'd recommend save all or knowt instead of quizlet bc theyre free and have spaced repetition so it makes revising equations easier

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending