The Student Room Group

Abs

I have arm muscle but no abs. I have a skinny fat belly. How do I remove my belly with and but not losing that much muscle
gym, calorie control, but what i will say is that you cant spot reduce fat, but core exercises will help alot too
Reply 2
get one of those apps that's like '30 day abs challenge' etc, they look like they shouldn't work but they do, also eat lots of protein like chicken bc it'll build up your muscles
Reply 3
Original post by CleverSquirrel
gym, calorie control, but what i will say is that you cant spot reduce fat, but core exercises will help alot too

Just confused about how much calories I need to consume
Reply 4
Original post by 12nona
get one of those apps that's like '30 day abs challenge' etc, they look like they shouldn't work but they do, also eat lots of protein like chicken bc it'll build up your muscles

Do I need more protein than carbs?
Original post by Anonymous
I have arm muscle but no abs. I have a skinny fat belly. How do I remove my belly with and but not losing that much muscle

Street fights.
Reply 6
Thanks man I appreciate it.
Reply 7
Just when on ifym. What do I say my goal weight is?
I have the opposite problem; I have an 8 pack but only 14" arms, how do I get more muscular in the arms without losing my abs?
My tactic that is (so far) working:

Intermittent fasting (on days when you can afford to, eg: weekends, end of terms, etc) - only eat in the afternoon when you get hungry, and work out (do some core exercises) in the mornings when you are fasted.

On school days/days when this is a challenge to do, avoid eating heavy carbs. What I try to do is match my carb intake to how active I am that day.
eg: if I am just going to sit down doing work, I need few carbs, so I avoid them, and try to have health snacks if at all possible (and drink lots of water obvs)
but if I am going to do plenty of walking/running/going to gym, I may eat a few 'more' carbs

I try to eat some meat with veg and fruit with all my meals at home, avoiding carbs if I am not doing anything that day.

Basically, eat when you are hungry, but try and train yourself to not eat when you aren't hungry. It was hard for me at first but I am seeing results (done for 3 months ish). This method shouldn't be too difficult and you don't need to splash cash on expensive things to help measure what you eat and waste time. I admit, it probably isn't as effective as it could be, but for my lifestyle it works as I cannot easily change what I do drastically (these are small changes)

And same goes with all foods - cakes, crisps, chocolate etc. Avoid them if possible, like carb. It may not do much but tbh it made me feel healthier, if anything.
I weight 8.8 stones. I don't want to lose much muscle on my arms though
Original post by Anonymous
Just confused about how much calories I need to consume

get My fitness pal, enter your stats and your goal and it'll tell you your max calorie in take
Oh seen, thanks
Won't bulking make me fat tho? well...not FAT but higher bf% and all that. Can't I just do bodyweight?
Original post by CleverSquirrel
get My fitness pal, enter your stats and your goal and it'll tell you your max calorie in take

I don't know what my goal weight Should be though
Ohh ite thanks for your help I'll try it out :smile:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending