The Student Room Group

Commuting to University?

Hi guys,

Just want to see how many of you are out there, do you commute to uni on a daily basis by a means of public transport? How do you find it?

I'm a commuter myself, having to get up at 05:20 to catch 2 trains to get to my university for 08:30, total madness right?
Original post by Fudgey123
Hi guys,

Just want to see how many of you are out there, do you commute to uni on a daily basis by a means of public transport? How do you find it?

I'm a commuter myself, having to get up at 05:20 to catch 2 trains to get to my university for 08:30, total madness right?

Lots of people do it and even more for work so no you're fine as long as you can find that study/life balance are getting enough sleep and are participating in uni life outside your studies.
Hi guys,

I'm into my final year of commuting to uni by train. Been good days and bad days with it. How far do you commute to get to your uni just out of interest?
Reply 3
Original post by leveridge96
I'm into my final year of commuting to uni by train. Been good days and bad days with it. How far do you commute to get to your uni just out of interest?

Thanks for your reply!

My commute one way is about an hour an half, sometimes 2 hours depending on the train times. I have to get a train from Swansea to Cardiff, and then from Cardiff a train to Trefforest (in Pontypridd).

I do enjoy commuting, I can get a lot of work done during the commute too which is a bonus! I've only been commuting since September and haven't come into any major delays as of yet!

How long is your commute? :smile:
Hi guys,

I get up at half four and leave at half five and have to get 3 trains to get to uni for 9!
Reply 5
Are you serious?? You poor sod. I really don't think precious Uni time should be a nasty foretaste of the years to come. Commuting is for workers and we get through it because there's no alternative, an end in sight and we have sweet memories of that brief but vital time as students when we felt like our minds could roam free and the future was ours. Not right to have to battle harsh relentless reality so soon, in my view. Still, well done for doing what clearly needs to be done in this brave new world where further education is a luxury hard - earned as opposed to a right for those who choose to take it
I commute two and half hours one way to uni. I quite enjoy it obviously some days aren’t as good as others.
I always catch the train before the one that gets me in exactly on time. I’ve had one bad delay where I was stuck on the train for five hours but that was because someone jumped from a bridge into the front of the train and broke through the windscreen and injured the driver. The driver had to go to hospital and then we had to be cleared by the police and what not but I don’t think that happens very often.
Original post by Forester98
I commute two and half hours one way to uni. I quite enjoy it obviously some days aren’t as good as others.
I always catch the train before the one that gets me in exactly on time. I’ve had one bad delay where I was stuck on the train for five hours but that was because someone jumped from a bridge into the front of the train and broke through the windscreen and injured the driver. The driver had to go to hospital and then we had to be cleared by the police and what not but I don’t think that happens very often.

How much does a one way trip cost you then, if you dont mind me asking?
Original post by Forester98

That’s 5 hours a day how do you manage to do well anything outside of classes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending