The Student Room Group

engineer wanting to study education

hello all,
i am from morocco, I am 23 years old and I am an engineer who has been working at an NGOs for almost 3 years now. I've always seen engineering more of a state of mind than a technical major, and now I decided to follow my real passion and start a business related to kids education, to do so, i wanna study education and child pedagogy and I feel like UK is the best place for such a thing.
I've found a lot of undergraduate courses in different universities but I am very confused in a sense that I don't know what is the best way to apply since I don't come straight from high school? how can I get a scholarship? are there any special requirements for me? Do I have any chance to be selected since I already graduated college?
any help is much appreciated as I am in a very delicate time of my life.
thanks
Original post by Safae Ouabbou
hello all,
i am from morocco, I am 23 years old and I am an engineer who has been working at an NGOs for almost 3 years now. I've always seen engineering more of a state of mind than a technical major, and now I decided to follow my real passion and start a business related to kids education, to do so, i wanna study education and child pedagogy and I feel like UK is the best place for such a thing.
I've found a lot of undergraduate courses in different universities but I am very confused in a sense that I don't know what is the best way to apply since I don't come straight from high school? how can I get a scholarship? are there any special requirements for me? Do I have any chance to be selected since I already graduated college?
any help is much appreciated as I am in a very delicate time of my life.
thanks

UK universities are more open to mature students than the unis in many other countries, your age won't be a problem - however they are not generous about giving scholarships and as a foreign student will expect you to pay them a lot of money.

Applications to UK universities are through a central clearing house system called UCAS. UCAS has a list of international qualifiations suitable for university admission
https://www.ucas.com/sites/default/files/2015-international-qualifications.pdf
You'd have to check specific requirements with individual universities - probably the university websites won't include Morocco and you'll need to enquire with an email.
Original post by Joinedup
UK universities are more open to mature students than the unis in many other countries, your age won't be a problem - however they are not generous about giving scholarships and as a foreign student will expect you to pay them a lot of money.

Applications to UK universities are through a central clearing house system called UCAS. UCAS has a list of international qualifiations suitable for university admission
https://www.ucas.com/sites/default/files/2015-international-qualifications.pdf
You'd have to check specific requirements with individual universities - probably the university websites won't include Morocco and you'll need to enquire with an email.

Thank you so much for the help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending