The Student Room Group

Certificate of higher education in engineering open uni student finance

Hello. My question is this; if I get a loan from student finance for a certificate of higher education in engineering from the open university, will I then still be eligible for funding for an undergraduate degree at a normal university? Thanks
Original post by user15041912
Hello. My question is this; if I get a loan from student finance for a certificate of higher education in engineering from the open university, will I then still be eligible for funding for an undergraduate degree at a normal university? Thanks

Hi there,

How long will your course be for the certificate of higher education course? What degree would you be looking to do afterwards?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

How long will your course be for the certificate of higher education course? What degree would you be looking to do afterwards?

Thanks,
Claire

Hello Claire, thanks for your response. The open uni certificate of higher education in engineering is part time two years. I’d then go to either Christ church or Kent university to study engineering bachelors (3years) thanks
Reply 3
Hi there,

Thanks,
Claire

Also, the engineering bachelors will be full time
Hello Claire, thanks for your response. The open uni certificate of higher education in engineering is part time two years. I’d then go to either Christ church or Kent university to study engineering bachelors (3years) thanks

Would the 3 year course be full time or part time?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 5
Would the 3 year course be full time or part time?

Thanks,
Claire

Full time . Thanks
Full time . Thanks

Based on what you have advised you should be fine for finance for the 3 year degree as you're studying higher than what you already hold i.e. Cert HE.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending