The Student Room Group

Should the NHS be privatised?

yo yo yo can you answer my survey for my Mods assignment only 6 questions long it will take like a minute max thanks a lot in advance <3

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/P7FBGJX
Done.
Done
Reply 3
Original post by Seamus123
Done.

Thank you :smile:)
Reply 4
Original post by cynthia.cs
Done

thanks a lot :biggrin:
Yes, absolutely.

From www.gov.uk. The UK's official public website.

Departments, agencies and public bodies.

25 Ministerial departments
20 non ministerial departments
389 agencies and other public bodies
76 high profile groups
12 public corperations

All paid for by taking around half the earnings from people working in the real, free market, competative economy.

Any Government that can't run a country on 10% of GDP, is frankly running a Ponzi scheme. Taking from the poor underemployed plebs, and letting the sociopathic paracites, (who have no moral compass stopping them doing whatever it takes to get into positions of power and influence) live lives of debauched self-indulgence.

Wiki link - United Kingdom parliamentary expenses scandal as just one example.

Privatize everything. Leave it to a competitive, free market, to be creative, inventive, imaginative, rather than pen pushers and jobs worth's endlessly wasting our money on ridiculous, outdated, red tape.
Reply 6
Done.
Original post by 303Pharma
Yes, absolutely.

76 high profile groups
12 public corperations

All paid for by taking around half the earnings from people working in the real, free market, competative economy.

Any Government that can't run a country on 10% of GDP, is frankly running a Ponzi scheme. Taking from the poor underemployed plebs, and letting the sociopathic paracites, (who have no moral compass stopping them doing whatever it takes to get into positions of power and influence) live lives of debauched self-indulgence.

Privatize everything. Leave it to a competitive, free market, to be creative, inventive, imaginative, rather than pen pushers and jobs worth's endlessly wasting our money on ridiculous, outdated, red tape.

Should we remove minimum wage with that and go back to Victorian age?

Also done the survey.
(edited 6 years ago)
Yes, absolutely.

76 high profile groups
12 public corperations

So you think disabled people and vulnerable children and adults are parasites? You're a disgrace. And for the record only about 20% of the UK spending budget goes to the NHS. Maybe you should be moaning about pensions instead? Do you want to kill off everyone on retirement or do u only have a gripe with the disabled and vulnerable?
(edited 6 years ago)
Done!
What if my gender isn't listed.
done!
Reply 12
done
Original post by Bio 7
Done.

Original post by ckfeister

Also done the survey.

Original post by donut_mckenzie28
Done!

Original post by Taz554:-)
done!

Original post by Maker
done

thanks everyone :smile:
Original post by ckfeister

In a word, yes. A job is only worth paying the amount of productive, profitable benefit a company gains from that work done.

How many single people, living alone, with no family support, can survive a zero hours contract job, even if they minimum wage?

Who benefits from a minimum wage? The owners of the business! They need to make a profit, or the business will fail, and everyone will get paid jack. They can either raise prices, which is self defeating as in this day an age, when most people have a smartphone...

(side note: hate that term. How many people actually use it as a phone! It's a portable computer, more powerful than all the computational power on the planet when man first walked on the moon: Rant over)

... and can easily compare prices and so lose customers to more reasonably priced competitors.

Or they can cut costs. Most costs are fixed. Wages can be fluid, as can staffing levels. Forced minimum wage, if the job doesn't warrant it, just makes employers sack people, forcing the remaining wage earners to work harder, to pick up the slack.

Original post by Haviland-Tuf
So you think disabled people and vulnerable children and adults are parasites? You're a disgrace.

Rule number one of the leftist hand book. If you can't tolerate anyone having a difference of opinion, or debate, and put across a reasonable rebuttal (few leftists can), attack the character to discredit them, rather than the argument.

What you did is one of the most pathetic rhetorical devices possible, it's really quite sad. It's called, 'putting words in my mouth'. EG watch the recent channel 4 interview of Jordan B. Peterson, and watch the hilarious viral internet aftermath.

Interviewer: (ignoring any previous answers, she's sticking to her planned out script regardless of the train wreck) Well what about the situation with 'abc'

Jordan B. Peterson: Well it's a lot more complex and nuanced than you suggested, but in essence, 'xyz'.

Interviewer: Ah, so what your saying is you think 'vwaejfhgvsdaj' ???

Jordan B. Peterson: No I said, in simple terms, it can be thought of as 'xyz'. Didn't you hear me? I'm a highly intelligent, well read, public intellectual. How could you possibly think when I say 'xyz' Im somehow surreptitiously mean 'vwaejfhgvsdaj'?

I dare you, to post a direct quote were I said I, 'think disabled people and vulnerable children and adults are parasites'. I clearly meant that sociopaths that get themselves into positions of power and influence have no qualms about taking from the poor (the underemployed), and giving to the rich (themselves), and they are acting like parasites.

But hey, trying to force a political stance in order to virtue signal is >> than reading comprehension, right?
Original post by amiegiraffe
yo yo yo can you answer my survey for my Mods assignment only 6 questions long it will take like a minute max thanks a lot in advance <3

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/P7FBGJX

pretty much it rlly
lol me

Rule number one of the leftist hand book. If you can't tolerate anyone having a difference of opinion, or debate, and put across a reasonable rebuttal (few leftists can), attack the character to discredit them, rather than the argument.

What you did is one of the most pathetic rhetorical devices possible, it's really quite sad. It's called, 'putting words in my mouth'. EG watch the recent channel 4 interview of Jordan B. Peterson, and watch the hilarious viral internet aftermath.

Interviewer: (ignoring any previous answers, she's sticking to her planned out script regardless of the train wreck) Well what about the situation with 'abc'

Jordan B. Peterson: Well it's a lot more complex and nuanced than you suggested, but in essence, 'xyz'.

Interviewer: Ah, so what your saying is you think 'vwaejfhgvsdaj' ???

Jordan B. Peterson: No I said, in simple terms, it can be thought of as 'xyz'. Didn't you hear me? I'm a highly intelligent, well read, public intellectual. How could you possibly think when I say 'xyz' Im somehow surreptitiously mean 'vwaejfhgvsdaj'?

I dare you, to post a direct quote were I said I, 'think disabled people and vulnerable children and adults are parasites'. I clearly meant that sociopaths that get themselves into positions of power and influence have no qualms about taking from the poor (the underemployed), and giving to the rich (themselves), and they are acting like parasites.

But hey, trying to force a political stance in order to virtue signal is >> than reading comprehension, right?

So you're saying we should organise the NHS along the lines of the lobsters?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending