The Student Room Group

AQA psych Retreival Failure Theory ( 16marks)

I'm really stuggling to find evaluation points for this.
So far, I've only got a paragraph evaluating godden and Baddelys/ carter and Cassidy's study
There are eval points in my book, but they're very brief.

Can someone help me develop them a bit more?
Thanks

image-ac3209f6-cfcb-4858-97cf-a0437c6395131497186877-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Unfortunately we use the same book so I don't have much to add to what you have already apart from another study we were taught by Goodwin et Al (1969) where 48 medical students had to perform tasks over 2 days. They were split into 4 groups.

One group were sober for both days, one group were drunk both days, one group were drunk then sober, and the last were sober then drunk. Those that were either drunk/drunk or sober/sober performed better on recall tests than the others, therefore supporting Tulvings theory of state dependent forgetting as a part of retrieval failure.

I don't think I have explained this very well but it may be worth googling his study as it is quite useful. Hope this helps a little!
Reply 2
Original post by chocolateoreo99
Unfortunately we use the same book so I don't have much to add to what you have already apart from another study we were taught by Goodwin et Al (1969) where 48 medical students had to perform tasks over 2 days. They were split into 4 groups.

One group were sober for both days, one group were drunk both days, one group were drunk then sober, and the last were sober then drunk. Those that were either drunk/drunk or sober/sober performed better on recall tests than the others, therefore supporting Tulvings theory of state dependent forgetting as a part of retrieval failure.

I don't think I have explained this very well but it may be worth googling his study as it is quite useful. Hope this helps a little!

Thanks for the input! I'll defo look it up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending