The Student Room Group

Anyone out there that is different from the norm???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gjd800
Hate? What a waste of energy.

Okay not hate, how about dont waste anergy on
If you mean that in a general sense I'd class myself as shy and awkward 😊
Reply 22
Original post by Priyanboss517
Same here, i rather be unique and be myself and not really care what other people think about me.

but can you explain how, what is it about you that makes you different from the rest??
Reply 23
Original post by SuperHuman98
Thats the right mindset to have :smile:, many famous people you see got to that position by expressing themselves and not caring what others think

Yup, but im sure there is much more then that :tongue:
Well, I’m quite philosophical person. I truly like people who are humble and are giving it their everything to achieve their goals and dreams.

Cool, what type of hobbies are you into?
Reply 25
Original post by Memeintern
If you mean that in a general sense I'd class myself as shy and awkward 😊

I dont mind being awkward, just means that your different. Definitely relatable here lol.
i talk to animals when im upset, does that count?
Well, I’m quite philosophical person. I truly like people who are humble and are giving it their everything to achieve their goals and dreams.

I am modest and humble :cool:
Reply 28
Original post by Allie4
but can you explain how, what is it about you that makes you different from the rest??

Thats a real hard question. I would say its my personal journey which entails so much. I do not want to like that conveyor belt like where you go to school, university, get a degree, get a job etc. I want to help people and find a job that i will love and that can impact people in a good way.
Glad to meet another awkward human. We are a rare
Reply 30
Original post by Juvilation
Cool, what type of hobbies are you into?

Well, my main hobby is actually my side hustle. Im trying to find things that i can start up and invest my time into to improve myself. My other hobbies are mostly watching and listening to self development conversations as well as books. I do like gaming and learning about new things.
Reply 31
Thats a real hard question. I would say its my personal journey which entails so much. I do not want to like that conveyor belt like where you go to school, university, get a degree, get a job etc. I want to help people and find a job that i will love and that can impact people in a good way.

Thats great!

But that just means that your dreams are different, not your characteristics/personality. Although you could possibly have a unique character too. Do you think you treat people differently to how others do? Would you define yourself as an alpha, beta or omega?
Aha, this is rare! I value intelligent conversation so much! Instead of people who waste their time and energy on negative things.

Yep - honestly I feel like an old lady but I'm s worried for the future, especially that of how tech is going to intervene with relationships and the future of social media :frown:

It's affecting me so much so I'm worried at university I'll have the worst time ever :frown:
Reply 33
Original post by Allie4
Thats great!

But that just means that your dreams are different, not your characteristics/personality. Although you could possibly have a unique character too. Do you think you treat people differently to how others do? Would you define yourself as an alpha, beta or omega?

I think i do because i like to understand peoples situation and manage what i say to them, try help them in any way that i possible can. Even if they are aggressive or any other emotion i think its important not to react recklessly because that can ripple more problems. What do you mean by an alpha,beta or omega?
Reply 34
Original post by Memeintern
Glad to meet another awkward human. We are a rare

Haha, true.
Reply 35
I think i do because i like to understand peoples situation and manage what i say to them, try help them in any way that i possible can. Even if they are aggressive or any other emotion i think its important not to react recklessly because that can ripple more problems. What do you mean by an alpha,beta or omega?

yeah I think I'm pretty similar too, I'm someone who always sees things from a third angle and appreciate a person no matter what their characteristics are (unless of course they're a very hateful person, then of course I have no time or respect for you)

an alpha = a leader
a beta = a follower
an omega = someone who is their own person, sets their own trends and lives by their own rules rather than following others.
I definitely believe I am an omega.
Reply 36
Original post by bluebells1
Yep - honestly I feel like an old lady but I'm s worried for the future, especially that of how tech is going to intervene with relationships and the future of social media :frown:

It's affecting me so much so I'm worried at university I'll have the worst time ever :frown:

No need to worry about the future otherwise you will never live the present. Thats why you surround your self with people that lift you and have positive energy.
Tbh I think the work 'awkward' is used a lot, it's almost like it's the default word for everything!
Reply 38
Original post by Allie4
yeah I think I'm pretty similar too, I'm someone who always sees things from a third angle and appreciate a person no matter what their characteristics are (unless of course they're a very hateful person, then of course I have no time or respect for you)

an alpha = a leader
a beta = a follower
an omega = someone who is their own person, sets their own trends and lives by their own rules rather than following others.
I definitely believe I am an omega.

Exactly the same here, expectation for appreciation. And definitely omega by the sounds of it! Its really nice to see that you have a similar perspective on things. :tongue:
Reply 39
Original post by bluebells1
Do you value intelligent conversation, dislike people who start texting when you're trying to talk, want a close group of friends, dislike shallow conversations about "what happened at the party" and "why did she post that on instagram?" And selfie culture, generally wish I was born 50 years ago...

Then hello
I am the same

I can already feel the emotional bond

Quick Reply

Latest