The Student Room Group

Woke up strangling myself!!

I was having a really strange dream this morning. Anyway when I was asleep at home in bed , in the dream I was in the car with my nan who isn’t alive and she was telling me to get off my phone but I stayed on it so she started getting mad at me and she jumped on top of me and started to hit me then she put her hands around my neck strangling me. Somehow it managed to wake me up and In real life I had my hands around my kneck strangling myself and I couldn’t breath. Honestly it happend so fast that I thought maybe I wasn’t actually awake I was just scared however I turned the light on and took a picture of my chest and there was serious red marks on my kneck. Really I don’t think I’ve ever been so scared like why did this happen how is it even possible? I’m quite scared to go to sleep now it really scared me!!! Sorry but any replies will help I just don’t now what happend!
(edited 6 years ago)
Listen to your nan next time, poor woman:frown:
(edited 6 years ago)
That is sooo weird🤯
I think you need to go to church every now and then
No offence but you are a little bit lucky.

You are actually getting strangled in real life which is what you visioned in your dream.

I wish the stuff that happened in my dream happened to me in real life, because that would be litttt
Original post by Jheinexx
Listen to your nan next time, poor woman:frown:

It was in a dream what was I supposed to do
Original post by K.mclaughlin
I was having a really strange dream this morning. Anyway in the dream I was in the car with my nan and she was telling me to get off my phone but I stayed on it she started getting mad at me and she jumped on top of me and started to hit me then she put her hands around my neck strangling me. Somehow it managed to wake me up and In real life I had my hands around my kneck strangling myself and I couldn’t breath. Honestly it happend so fast that I thought maybe I wasn’t actually awake I was just scared however I turned the light on and took a picture of my chest and there was serious red marks on my kneck. Really I don’t think I’ve ever been so scared like why did this happen how is it even possible? I’m quite scared to go to sleep now it really scared me!!! Sorry but any replies will help I just don’t now what happend!

Why didn't you listen to your nan? Hopefully you learnt your lesson.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by JoeFrazier
Why didn't you listen to your nan? Hopefully you learnt your lesson.

No I was asleep in my bed then I had a dream about my nan being in the car with me my nan isn’t even alive!!
I was having a really strange dream this morning. Anyway in the dream I was in the car with my nan and she was telling me to get off my phone but I stayed on it she started getting mad at me and she jumped on top of me and started to hit me then she put her hands around my neck strangling me. Somehow it managed to wake me up and In real life I had my hands around my kneck strangling myself and I couldn’t breath. Honestly it happend so fast that I thought maybe I wasn’t actually awake I was just scared however I turned the light on and took a picture of my chest and there was serious red marks on my kneck. Really I don’t think I’ve ever been so scared like why did this happen how is it even possible? I’m quite scared to go to sleep now it really scared me!!! Sorry but any replies will help I just don’t now what happend!

idk If smthing like that happens again maybe go to a doctor
Original post by Zahra_2001
idk If smthing like that happens again maybe go to a doctor

Right well thanks
No I was asleep in my bed then I had a dream about my nan being in the car with me my nan isn’t even alive!!

Oh well, I'm not sure then. The only thing I can relate it to is the other day I had a dream I was in a burning building and the fire bell was going off - then I woke up and it turned out it was my alarm clock. In a way, it's similar to what happened to you because it was an occurrence in real life that was also in my dream.
Original post by Y11_Maths
No offence but you are a little bit lucky.

You are actually getting strangled in real life which is what you visioned in your dream.

I wish the stuff that happened in my dream happened to me in real life, because that would be litttt

I mean I get that but I’m a 15 year old girl I don’t really want to be waking up at 5 am from strangling my self to the point where I was scared to go back to sleep!
Original post by JoeFrazier
Oh well, I'm not sure then. The only thing I can relate it to is the other day I had a dream I was in a burning building and the fire bell was going off - then I woke up and it turned out it was my alarm clock. In a way, it's similar to what happened to you because it was an occurrence in real life that was also in my dream.

Ye I guess, there both really strange
I mean I get that but I’m a 15 year old girl I don’t really want to be waking up at 5 am from strangling my self to the point where I was scared to go back to sleep!

Try listening to relaxing music before you sleep and think positive thoughts. Have a cold shower right before bed
Original post by Y11_Maths
Try listening to relaxing music before you sleep and think positive thoughts. Have a cold shower right before bed

Thank you I’ll try.

Quick Reply

Latest