The Student Room Group

Is this just going to ruin everything?

hi guys i am worried Im In Yr 11

I'm soo has at Maths I Think Im Going To Get A Grade 5 In the real thing Because Im Doing Foundation Because Im soo Bad At maths

I am expecting these grades for the rest of my subjects

English lang - 8
English lit -8
Biology - 8
Chemistry -8
Physics - 8
Geography -8
Graphics -A*
French - 7
Religious studies - 9
Punjabi - A*
Maths - 5 - lowest grade!!!

Makes me sad

I want to choose chemistry and biology and English lit for A levels but you need a grade 6 in math to choose chem and biology so you think they'd let me choose it if I get 8's in all sciences????

I want to go Oxford or Cambridge but I feel like that grade 5 in just going to ruin all my chances.

I'm actually stressing about this which do o have to be soo bad at maths. I feel so dumb

I don't think there's any point doing the higher tier to get above I'll probably fail instead and I got a grade 4 in the recent mock!
omg girrrrl i'm in the same position as you.......!!! I have high predicted grades in my other subjects but maths is ruining everything. im doing higher in maths but i'm barely scraping a 3 which means I meant end up doing foundation. and you can only get a 5 for that. I feel hella dumb too but just think about it this way. if were dumb we wouldn't get high predicted grades for our other subjects. i'm doing apprenticeship afterwards anyways so I don't have the problem with the a-level bit as im doing a humanitarian subject for apprenticeship. but if was doing a-levels I would do biology, psychology and sociology and for biology and psychology u need high in matsh so I kinda know where your coming from. however I am in a dilemma. though i'm predicted high grades for my other subjects I don't know if ill be able to achieve them because im spending most of my time focusing on my MATHS to get a pass(IM SO BAD AT IT) which means that I don't have enough time to spend on my other subjects. ughhhh so ANNOYING. :frown: I thought I was the only one so at east I can relate to you lol
Original post by R.Lunat
omg girrrrl i'm in the same position as you.......!!! I have high predicted grades in my other subjects but maths is ruining everything. im doing higher in maths but i'm barely scraping a 3 which means I meant end up doing foundation. and you can only get a 5 for that. I feel hella dumb too but just think about it this way. if were dumb we wouldn't get high predicted grades for our other subjects. i'm doing apprenticeship afterwards anyways so I don't have the problem with the a-level bit as im doing a humanitarian subject for apprenticeship. but if was doing a-levels I would do biology, psychology and sociology and for biology and psychology u need high in matsh so I kinda know where your coming from. however I am in a dilemma. though i'm predicted high grades for my other subjects I don't know if ill be able to achieve them because im spending most of my time focusing on my MATHS to get a pass(IM SO BAD AT IT) which means that I don't have enough time to spend on my other subjects. ughhhh so ANNOYING. :frown: I thought I was the only one so at east I can relate to you lol

Aww finally someone i can relate with! Why us! Why co upset we be good at maths!
Reply 3
Original post by R.Lunat
im doing a humanitarian subject for apprenticeship.

I'm genuinely curious. What is a humanitarian apprenticeship? Is it with a third world aid charity?
Original post by Compost
I'm genuinely curious. What is a humanitarian apprenticeship? Is it with a third world aid charity?

oops I may have phrased that wrong XD. I aint doin an ''humanitarian apprenticeship.'' the subject tht i'm doin however is based on a humanitarian subject such as social care lol. hope that cleared things up. lol
Original post by Anesha36617
Aww finally someone i can relate with! Why us! Why co upset we be good at maths!

ikr! everyones always telling me to do past papers. i'm guessing you've done some right?
Reply 6
Original post by R.Lunat
oops I may have phrased that wrong XD. I aint doin an ''humanitarian apprenticeship.'' the subject tht i'm doin however is based on a humanitarian subject such as social care lol. hope that cleared things up. lol

I think you might mean Humanities rather than Humanitarian?
Original post by Compost
I think you might mean Humanities rather than Humanitarian?

no i meant humanitarian. humanities is more based on subjects such as history and literature and social sciences tho yes they do have social aspects of citizenship in it and society. however specific in depth studies of citizenship and society would be classified as humanitarian. lol if i don't make any sense then here;
humanities:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanities

humanitarian:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanitarian_education

Quick Reply

Latest