The Student Room Group

My bf of 3 yrs is suddenly so rude and selfish!!

Both 23 been together 3 years and live with each other.
I've just got a new job and we moved back closer to my family and friends so I've been a bit busy. His super sad and depressed in life atm I am being there for him in every possible way and have done way too much for him over the years. He doesn't deal with stuff well becomes closed off and forgets mt existence doesn't try to be nice or make me happy. Recently his been super moody with work hates his job brings his moodiness from work home rants about it has a go at anything I say like oh but why don't you complain. Says that's stupid n just gets annoyed with any of my opinions or comments when I'm just responding like do I stay silent but he'd get annoyed at that.
His moody bc he misses me then ruins the time we have. He says he needs to clean I will ask why its nto that messy and he snaps back asking why he always needs to justify himself like wtf? And I'm hella confused like huh I just think it's clean so I was just saying how comes u need to clean. The way I react to things he seems to be getting annoyed at when I've always been how I am, liel reactions to random stuff like the mould on my toothbrush. Bc I was shock n he knew n didn't tell me and I was like omg why not tell me laughing n went over it a bit bc I used it n was horrified but laughing he then says I'm having a go at him and goes all moody. When he could have just bantered bck about how I brushed mt teeth with mould.
His constantly moaning about his job and how he has it so hard bc its retail and all i do it sit in an office. I'm trying hard at this new job and have been really tired and under pressure from it but he just disregards it from me.
Our dogs been ill ibe taken him to the vets and done all of that and I am super paranoid and am scarred from my childhood dogs sudden death n his just so oblivious.
My big issue is his rudeness to my family amd no respect when they visited. His bad at social stuff thats fine but his met them b4 we've had great times. This time my little siblings and mum came he said hi then went in the room n never cane back out never said bye. My family all ask is he OK with them being there is he mad it's so embarrassing. He moans how his lonely and doesn't see him when I include him with everything but most of the time he doesn't come along. I'm getting so fed up with his attitude and how he is with me idk if its just him or his depression and mental state right now (it's not good).

Ofc he says sorry amd feels **** at the end of it all but I just don't get it it's really ruining having a good time and for him too so why tf is he doing it he just said he doesn't know then hates himself for it.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I've just got a new job and we moved back closer to my family and friends so I've been a bit busy. His super sad and depressed in life atm I am being there for him in every possible way and have done way too much for him over the years. He doesn't deal with stuff well becomes closed off and forgets mt existence doesn't try to be nice or make me happy. Recently his been super moody with work hates his job brings his moodiness from work home rants about it has a go at anything I say like oh but why don't you complain. Says that's stupid n just gets annoyed with any of my opinions or comments when I'm just responding like do I stay silent but he'd get annoyed at that.
His moody bc he misses me then ruins the time we have. He says he needs to clean I will ask why its nto that messy and he snaps back asking why he always needs to justify himself like wtf? And I'm hella confused like huh I just think it's clean so I was just saying how comes u need to clean. The way I react to things he seems to be getting annoyed at when I've always been how I am, liel reactions to random stuff like the mould on my toothbrush. Bc I was shock n he knew n didn't tell me and I was like omg why not tell me laughing n went over it a bit bc I used it n was horrified but laughing he then says I'm having a go at him and goes all moody. When he could have just bantered bck about how I brushed mt teeth with mould.
His constantly moaning about his job and how he has it so hard bc its retail and all i do it sit in an office. I'm trying hard at this new job and have been really tired and under pressure from it but he just disregards it from me.
Our dogs been ill ibe taken him to the vets and done all of that and I am super paranoid and am scarred from my childhood dogs sudden death n his just so oblivious.
My big issue is his rudeness to my family amd no respect when they visited. His bad at social stuff thats fine but his met them b4 we've had great times. This time my little siblings and mum came he said hi then went in the room n never cane back out never said bye. My family all ask is he OK with them being there is he mad it's so embarrassing. He moans how his lonely and doesn't see him when I include him with everything but most of the time he doesn't come along. I'm getting so fed up with his attitude and how he is with me idk if its just him or his depression and mental state right now (it's not good).

Ofc he says sorry amd feels **** at the end of it all but I just don't get it it's really ruining having a good time and for him too so why tf is he doing it he just said he doesn't know then hates himself for it.

Freaking dump him then
Original post by Anonymous

Dont stay with him. People change over time, he changed for the worse.
I think you need to sit him down and make it very clear that you are not his punching bag and that his attitude towards you has to change. No excuses.

Suggest he go see someone for his mental health, see if he has depression.
I think you should have a serious talk with him, and if it doesn't change anything, break up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending