The Student Room Group

I’ve had an awful day and feel upset, any advice?

So I’ve just had an awful day, I woke up with a bad dream. Not bad as in scary but just involving a few traumatic issues in my life, so it was a heavy one if you know what I mean.

During the day I got into some argument on instagram. It did take a lot of energy out of me and I definitely agree that it’s silly and pathetic to be involved in these things but I was just trying to defend myself. I felt very misunderstood and that is something I really hate, when people get my intentions wrong and try to spin it differently.

I had something planned with my best friend, to watch something on Teleparty together but I told him a few hours before that I wanted an extra hour to chat first about my day and just to talk to someone about things. He was down for it and when the time came I told him everything, he advised me accordingly and did a great job. Honestly he’s one of the only few people that can make me feel better after a chat, I was really missing him throughout the day because I knew I’d feel better confusing in him. Plus it had been a while we spent any quality time together and I was missing him so much throughout the week.

Anyway, while we were taking towards the end he got a bit funny and blew me off towards the end of the conversation. He just told me he zoned out and if we can watch the show now. It just ended really weird and it seemed out of the blue for me, he commented “yeah I know it’s my fault and I suck” in a sarcastic tone. I got pretty upset by the way he made me feel unimportant or like I was being a pain. I told him this and he responded with “I guess”. I then told him there’s no point making me feel comfortable with him if he’s just going to act like this by the end of it and he goes “I’m never enough for you”. After that I commented “Oh here we go. This is what I get for missing you apparently”.

So we watched something on Teleparty and I was crying throughout the whole thing. I’ve had a really bad day and all I wanted was someone to just listen to what I had to say and matter to someone. Like is that really too much to ask? We were going to wrap the conversation up cuz it was time to watch something as we planned but he had to end it that way, why can’t someone just understand when I’m having a bad day and just appreciated the company? I could barely pay attention to the show because I was crying so I just texted my friend saying “what’s the point of this, we both ruined the mood” and he said “do you not want to watch this? I do” and I responded with “no.” And he said “Fine. Let every little thing come between us. Bye” and I just logged off. None of us texted each other since. It’s not been very long though

I don’t know, I don’t think I’m being difficult. Why did he have to ruin the mood? Like I said, he knew I had a bad day and why. I was looking forward to spending time with him but he had to show me that he really didn’t care that much about my emotions as a friend. Like I wouldn’t have done that to him if he was having a bad day. I’m just so upset about everything. I honestly feel like no one truly cares about me, I just wanted to be around my bestie and someone I care about so much and have a good night with some positivity for a change.
Reply 1
Please someone respond

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending