The Student Room Group

Idk what to do with my life

Hi guys, im really stressed out. Im supposed to be in year 13 and going to uni this year. But im repeating year 12 and i feel like im not going to pass my exams. I really really really want to go to university. I have mocks next week which i know im not going to pass. Idk what to do i really want to make my family proud. I enjoy doing makeup so ive always said that if i dont pass my exams ill somehow try to open my own salon. I feel like im really dumb and it's just impossible for me to pass my exams. How can i revise properly and how can i motivate myself to revise properly?
You need to take a deep breath and break it down into smaller steps. What can you accomplish in the next week? How often can you study, how can you balance it with time spent with friends/family etc. Give yourself a short term goal. For example, “I want to do x amount of revision a day, for this long and at this time”
By giving yourself a roughly scheduled revision time, you are making sure you get it done and still have time for other things. Whatever it is you need to get done, try to break it down. Trying to tackle it all will only knock you back when you realise you can’t handle it.

You are not “dumb” for coming up with an idea like that, it shows you are motivated to a degree, and you’ve got to build on that momentum. Finding an ultimate goal has helped me to think positive and stay motivated.

Think of it this way. You could try incentivising yourself, working towards something small which you enjoy. If you decided to go this direction, it should end up in you feeling like you’re rewarding yourself, and it should feel good.

I’ll leave you with this: Remember to never sacrifice your happiness for an A. If you want that A, keeping yourself happy and focused will drive you to achieving it.
Be a hustler like me init
Reply 3
Original post by Got Milk

Teach me then init
Reply 4
Original post by getmeoffmyphone
You need to take a deep breath and break it down into smaller steps. What can you accomplish in the next week? How often can you study, how can you balance it with time spent with friends/family etc. Give yourself a short term goal. For example, “I want to do x amount of revision a day, for this long and at this time”
By giving yourself a roughly scheduled revision time, you are making sure you get it done and still have time for other things. Whatever it is you need to get done, try to break it down. Trying to tackle it all will only knock you back when you realise you can’t handle it.

You are not “dumb” for coming up with an idea like that, it shows you are motivated to a degree, and you’ve got to build on that momentum. Finding an ultimate goal has helped me to think positive and stay motivated.

Think of it this way. You could try incentivising yourself, working towards something small which you enjoy. If you decided to go this direction, it should end up in you feeling like you’re rewarding yourself, and it should feel good.

I’ll leave you with this: Remember to never sacrifice your happiness for an A. If you want that A, keeping yourself happy and focused will drive you to achieving it.

Thank youu x

Got Milk, the TSR Legend
Original post by getmeoffmyphone
Got Milk, the TSR Legend
dont speak to me
dont speak to me

Milk come on, I’m sorry

Quick Reply

Latest