The Student Room Group

Selwyn College Summer School

Just wondering if anyone else has applied / is going to apply for the summer school at Selwyn college Cambridge?

Scroll to see replies

I’ve applied, but I don’t fulfil any of the criteria regarding your parents education, postcode etc, so I’m not sure I’ll get it.
Reply 2
i've applied. when do they send out decisions???
Original post by lcme2018
i've applied. when do they send out decisions???

I’m pretty sure it’s soon after the 13th April because that’s when applications close
Reply 4
Hi everyone, do you know whether our teachers were meant to fill in teacher reference forms or not coz my teacher didn't recicved it.
Thanks a lot for helping!
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi, I applied, however I'm concerned since our school email is down during the Easter Holidays and I'm afraid my teacher may not be able to provide reference. What do I do?
Reply 6
Hi, I am not sure whether our teachers need to fill in reference forms or not since I found nothing on Selwyn College's website which says so and they didn't mention teacher reference in their confirmation email.
What I did is I emailed the Selwyn College admission staff to tell them to send the form to my teacher's email straight away, although the staffs are in annual leave but will be back on next Tuesday. I then emailed my teacher to explain the circumstances politely......
Original post by AryanGh
Hi, I applied, however I'm concerned since our school email is down during the Easter Holidays and I'm afraid my teacher may not be able to provide reference. What do I do?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by goldilocks12
Just wondering if anyone else has applied / is going to apply for the summer school at Selwyn college Cambridge?

I've applied, has anyone heard back yet?
Reply 8
ive applied too!
has anyone heard anything?
Reply 9
i can't find my confirmation email???? did you all get one?
Original post by lcme2018
i can't find my confirmation email???? did you all get one?

found it panic over
Reply 11
Did you get an email from them confirming your place? Or even rejecting it, i just have some idea of whether I have a place or not.
Original post by ingami
Did you get an email from them confirming your place? Or even rejecting it, i just have some idea of whether I have a place or not.

Just an email confirming that I’ve applied so far.
Same here, still waiting. I think we should get an email whether we get in or not. I meet 3 of the bonus criteria so who knows what will happen.
Reply 14
Original post by holly2017
Just an email confirming that I’ve applied so far.

I don't think I even have that, which is very worrying 😂
has anyone heard back yet?
Reply 16
I've not heard back yet but the page has been taken down from their website so I think they're probably still going through all the applications. I checked a thread from 2014 about the same summer school and people replied about getting in on the 9th May. Lmao look at me playing detective :biggrin:

Original post by crazychameleon
I’ve applied, but I don’t fulfil any of the criteria regarding your parents education, postcode etc, so I’m not sure I’ll get it.

yeah same, probably won't get in :colondollar:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Rii.M
I've not heard back yet but the page has been taken down from their website so I think they're probably still going through all the applications. I checked a thread from 2014 about the same summer school and people replied about getting in on the 9th May. Lmao look at me playing detective :biggrin:

yeah same, probably won't get in :colondollar:

Thats cool, thanks for the info, so hopefully about early May we should here back
Reply 18
Original post by DanielH2001
Thats cool, thanks for the info, so hopefully about early May we should here back

Yeah hopefully, and no problem.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Rii.M
Yeah hopefully, and no problem.

That's reassuring :biggrin:. Until then good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending