The Student Room Group

HSPS Selwyn

Is anyone else applying for HSPS at Selwyn college in Cambridge?

Scroll to see replies

yeah i am !! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by charminggen
yeah i am !! :smile:

ahh thats so cool i hadnt found anyone yet!
what a levels do u do?
Original post by layla2005
ahh thats so cool i hadnt found anyone yet!
what a levels do u do?

geography, english lang, sociology and epq 🙂 but yeah i haven’t seen anyone yet either, what a levels do you do?
Reply 4
geography, english lang, sociology and epq 🙂 but yeah i haven’t seen anyone yet either, what a levels do you do?

I do english lit, history and politics- I'm assuming you want to do the sociology or anthropology part of the course? :smile:
I do english lit, history and politics- I'm assuming you want to do the sociology or anthropology part of the course? :smile:

omg i’d love to do lit and politics. tbh i’d do either international relations or sociology so i guess yeah 😀 you’re obviously a fan of politics ?
Reply 6
omg i’d love to do lit and politics. tbh i’d do either international relations or sociology so i guess yeah 😀 you’re obviously a fan of politics ?

yeah i much prefer lit & politics to history (wish id done geog instead haha). How confident do u feel ab your application? I'm feeling pretty confident but i know hsps is just so competitive :/
yeah i much prefer lit & politics to history (wish id done geog instead haha). How confident do u feel ab your application? I'm feeling pretty confident but i know hsps is just so competitive :/

I was confident at first because i’m a contextual offer but yeah after looking at stats for hsps i’m worried asf, especially since i haven’t heard anything back yet for interviews. Have you? :smile:
Reply 8
I was confident at first because i’m a contextual offer but yeah after looking at stats for hsps i’m worried asf, especially since i haven’t heard anything back yet for interviews. Have you? :smile:

ah i see, does contextual offer increase your chance of getting in or just simply lower your offer for grades? Haven't heard back either ahh and selwyn have sent out interviews for other courses too
ah i see, does contextual offer increase your chance of getting in or just simply lower your offer for grades? Haven't heard back either ahh and selwyn have sent out interviews for other courses too

oh my gosh they have ?? I haven’t been checking in a bit so that’s worrying ☹️ for contextual offers i’m not too sure if Cambridge actually use them but my UCAS officer suggested it may help if I don’t get the grades I need?
Reply 10
oh my gosh they have ?? I haven’t been checking in a bit so that’s worrying ☹️ for contextual offers i’m not too sure if Cambridge actually use them but my UCAS officer suggested it may help if I don’t get the grades I need?

Oh that's quite useful. How do u know if u qualify for contextual offers because my borough is considered very bad and my school isnt the best but no teachers have mentioned anything so. (still no interview btw ahh selwyn need to hurry up)
Oh that's quite useful. How do u know if u qualify for contextual offers because my borough is considered very bad and my school isnt the best but no teachers have mentioned anything so. (still no interview btw ahh selwyn need to hurry up)

ahahah I know what you mean - still haven’t been told yet either. I did a polar check for my postcode and if it’s in a certain quintile it can be classed as having low educational rates and so “flagged” on ucas; also, public school and free school meals and/or 16-19 bursary gets a “plus flag” apparently. how are you feeling so far about not getting an interview?
Reply 12
ahahah I know what you mean - still haven’t been told yet either. I did a polar check for my postcode and if it’s in a certain quintile it can be classed as having low educational rates and so “flagged” on ucas; also, public school and free school meals and/or 16-19 bursary gets a “plus flag” apparently. how are you feeling so far about not getting an interview?

Ohhh ok I see- don't think mine is flagged on ucas so I probably don't qualify haha.
I'm not feeling too stressed rn ab the interview but more annoyed because sm people are getting interviews and stuff and its especially annoying cause ours are in person which means we should have more notice about the date. Also idk when to start preparing for the interview bc I don't see the point until I know I have one!
Ohhh ok I see- don't think mine is flagged on ucas so I probably don't qualify haha.
I'm not feeling too stressed rn ab the interview but more annoyed because sm people are getting interviews and stuff and its especially annoying cause ours are in person which means we should have more notice about the date. Also idk when to start preparing for the interview bc I don't see the point until I know I have one!

yeah I get what you mean! I saw on a different post that some applicants at Selwyn have got interviews but nothing from HSPS yet so it feels like a last minute thing of receiving an interview invite and then doing it asap instead of having time to prepare
Reply 14
yeah I get what you mean! I saw on a different post that some applicants at Selwyn have got interviews but nothing from HSPS yet so it feels like a last minute thing of receiving an interview invite and then doing it asap instead of having time to prepare

I knoww. Idk if they send out invites on the weekend but I'm really hoping they do bc selwyn interviews for HSPS are 4-6 december so thats quite soon!
Is anyone else applying for HSPS at Selwyn college in Cambridge?

hey i’m applying! quite nervous about hearing for an interview…
Original post by iloveappletango

oh good to see another person applying !!
i applied for HSPS at selwyn too! haven't heard back for an interview yet
Reply 18
Original post by iloveappletango

me too- I've seen people get rejected with like 4 A*s so I'm starting to get scared
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymous #1
i applied for HSPS at selwyn too! haven't heard back for an interview yet

yeah hoping to hear soon :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending