The Student Room Group

Which NCS skill should I choose?

Hey, I was wondering if there was a particular NCS skill I should choose? I'm not really sure but I know I want to do Medicine at uni so maybe something that'll help with that? I don't really mind

The options are:
Drama
Enterprise
Media
Music
Photography
Sport

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

When did you pick your options...I'm going in july
If medicine, I'd choose sport.
I know when you want to study medicine, you get into the mindset of making every decision surrounding it but it genuinely doesn’t matter. Also you spend about 1-2 days doing that skill so it’s really irrelevant. Just choose what you might enjoy and keep in mind you will probably get put in a random one anyway (chose art-drama- music in that order and got media lol)

Other skills like teamwork will be gained from any task and will be what is useful for medicine. And your community project- I was lucky and got the task of making a mosaic table for sensory- impaired and disabled children in a care home, which is pretty relevant for medicine, but others got stuck painting a gate at the local garden centre haha
Original post by ilyaskcr7
When did you pick your options...I'm going in july

same
Original post by sarahyousaf786
same

same
what dates and area
I'm going on the 5th of july...and I live in the east London area...specifically hackney/ Bethnal green
Original post by cutiecorn
same
what dates and area

damn forgot the date , think its like mid July.
Im going wave 1 and im going in oxfordshire. hbu?
I legit forgot
was it sent in the welcome pack?
damn forgot the date , think its like mid July.
Im going wave 1 and im going in oxfordshire. hbu?

they haven't sent anything regarding which area I'm going in yet...but I'm expecting it soon hopefully
they haven't sent anything regarding which area I'm going in yet...but I'm expecting it soon hopefully

fair enough, lemme know :smile:

ok I will =)

image-3e096142-30cb-4de3-aaee-2b6090ea59c28442421-compressed.jpg.jpegjust got this
Original post by gardevoir
Hey, I was wondering if there was a particular NCS skill I should choose? I'm not really sure but I know I want to do Medicine at uni so maybe something that'll help with that? I don't really mind

The options are:
Drama
Enterprise
Media
Music
Photography
Sport

Thanks!

From someone whose done it before, media and sports are by far the best/funniest. Photography is worst.

They're all good though. I just think media and sports groups have the most fun

I believe im going phase 1, 5-8th of july
Drama, enterprise and sport had the fun people in my cohort
I'm going on the 5th of july...and I live in the east London area...specifically hackney/ Bethnal green

YAS I HAVE COMPANY my meeting point is north east london
Original post by cutiecorn
YAS I HAVE COMPANY my meeting point is north east london

yasss....I'm legit pissing myself...I'm soo nervous
yasss....I'm legit pissing myself...I'm soo nervous

i will be the midget but hyper one if we r in the same group lol
im Gagandeep btw if we r in the same area

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending