The Student Room Group

NCS personal statment

I was wondering if anyone could provide some advice on what to include in the personal statement for NCS, and if the sixth form really does look at it, or do they just focus on the predicted grades.
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by icba1
I was wondering if anyone could provide some advice on what to include in the personal statement for NCS, and if the sixth form really does look at it, or do they just focus on the predicted grades.
Thanks

Hey, my brother got into NCS and I'm applying this year. From what my brother told me, yes, it does matter but not as much as your predicted grades obviously. I suggest you use your English teacher because your personal statement and 'hobbies and interests ' are still a very important part of your application. If you don't mind me asking, what are your predicted grades?
Original post by Kichen35
Hey, my brother got into NCS and I'm applying this year. From what my brother told me, yes, it does matter but not as much as your predicted grades obviously. I suggest you use your English teacher because your personal statement and 'hobbies and interests ' are still a very important part of your application. If you don't mind me asking, what are your predicted grades?

Hi there,
Mind me asking, how did ur brother's predicted grades compare with the school's minimum entry requirements? Im applying for bio chem physics and maths, i got 3 9s in science and an 8 in maths in my mocks. Is that realistically good enough for an offer? Thanks
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Kichen35

Sorry for replying late, I completed my application already. My predicted grades are:
Maths - 9
Bio - 8
Chem - 8
Physics - 9
English Lang - 9
English Lit - 7
Geo - 8
Comp sci - 8
RE - 8
French - 9
Reply 4
Original post by sohatyfd567
Hi there,
Mind me asking, how did ur brother's predicted grades compare with the school's minimum entry requirements? Im applying for bio chem physics and maths, i got 3 9s in science and an 8 in maths in my mocks. Is that realistically good enough for an offer? Thanks

unless you got like grades 6s in ur mocks for English. You should be fine
Reply 5
Original post by icba1
Sorry for replying late, I completed my application already. My predicted grades are:
Maths - 9
Bio - 8
Chem - 8
Physics - 9
English Lang - 9
English Lit - 7
Geo - 8
Comp sci - 8
RE - 8
French - 9

I think there's a higher chance of you getting in than not with those grades. But ig it depends on what subjects you're choosing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending