The Student Room Group

GCSE 9-1 AQA Geography Grade Boundaries??

Hiya guys, Ive been wondering about the Grade boundaries for geography because literally everyone in my year is doing terrible in it.
We did the specimen paper (physical) as a mock and i got 50% in it which is a 4.
The highest anyone got was a 6 and thats weird considering in 2017 in the old spec 55% of our school got an A/A*.

So the grade boundaries for us are :
50% - 4
60% - 5
67% - 6
75% - 7
85% - 8
And there is no 9 boundary
Whats it like at your school? Are we just a bad year or is the new spec just hard
There's always a dip in grade boundaries when a new specification rolls around, I wouldn't worry too much especially considering your school's track record.
i doubt it would be that high
Original post by moneebayasin23
i doubt it would be that high

I thought so too. Its all exam technique though, not to do with content.
in my school, 89% was a 9
80% an 8 and so on
We are using the same grade boundaries.
They would be a lot lower because there is no foundation and higher.
However, my school is doing really well and everyone is getting 6+ in the exams.
I have those CGP practise exams and grade boundaries came with it. I just remmember 81% being a 9
I did paper 3 for the mock and got 53/76 which was a 7 (35/37 on the Issue Evaluation and 18/33 on the fieldwork). If my school's boundaries are accurate, ~70% could be a 7.
Original post by A_Winter
I did paper 3 for the mock and got 53/76 which was a 7 (35/37 on the Issue Evaluation and 18/33 on the fieldwork). If my school's boundaries are accurate, ~70% could be a 7.

Paper 1 is much harder than paper 2 and 3 which are easier!
I got 77/88 on paper 2 and 60/76 on paper 3 in school but I’ve just done the paper 1 specimen paper and marked myself 39/88 but probably that should be even less...

Btw to clarify I’m talking about Aqa exam board

EDITED*
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ARandomUser
I got 77/88 on paper 1 and 60/78 on paper 3 in school but I’ve just done the paper 1 specimen paper and marked myself 39/88 but probably that should be even less...

paper 3 is out of 76 i swear
Hi, my teacher has given us pretty similar grade boundaries - grade 1 is around 30% and grade 7 is around 80% which i think is horrible, and why my school is doing exceptionally rubbish in mock exams - currently revising and praying for at least a 5 lol adios and GOOD LUCK FOR TOMORROW EVERYONE DOING GEO!
Lmao, same with me, both mocks I did in year 10 and 11 I got 70+ in paper 1 and 2 but at home I get like 50's idk why

Original post by ARandomUser
I got 77/88 on paper 1 and 60/78 on paper 3 in school but I’ve just done the paper 1 specimen paper and marked myself 39/88 but probably that should be even less...

just hope theres not hard questions on the small case studies tectonica hazards/coasts etc
Original post by Switch01
Hiya guys, Ive been wondering about the Grade boundaries for geography because literally everyone in my year is doing terrible in it.
We did the specimen paper (physical) as a mock and i got 50% in it which is a 4.
The highest anyone got was a 6 and thats weird considering in 2017 in the old spec 55% of our school got an A/A*.

So the grade boundaries for us are :
50% - 4
60% - 5
67% - 6
75% - 7
85% - 8
And there is no 9 boundary
Whats it like at your school? Are we just a bad year or is the new spec just hard

please dont worry thats the same with our school most students got 4s -7s i got a 5 quite dissapointing i hope they ask for obvious case studies i feel like 50% is not a 4 thats prob 5 and 60% or 65% is 6 so pls dont worry good luck remember its an average of all 3 papers
Original post by SincPsyco
Lmao, same with me, both mocks I did in year 10 and 11 I got 70+ in paper 1 and 2 but at home I get like 50's idk why

Original post by dipper_19
paper 3 is out of 76 i swear

Yes it is mb
Reply 15
WOW! Last year on the higher paper, you needed 48% on the Physical paper so I wouldn't worry too much. If the 9-1 is supposed to be harder and this year's Year 11 are lost causes and a total mess, then you have nothing to worry about. Answer as many questions as you can as I will be doing too and for your revision purposes, if you don't know Topic 1C so Rivers, Coasts and/or Glaciers, do NOT worry. They have about 30 marks designated to these topics. The remaining are dedicated to Unit 1A and 1B!
for my mock in feb i got like 70% and that was an A
I got a grade 8 somehow
Reply 18
Original post by Daniel maxtdd
I got a grade 8 somehow

Same i got an 8 in the real thing too! xD
Great job
last year it was 56% as a 7 and 73% as a 9 i know this cause i was one percent away from 9 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending