The Student Room Group

History a level paper 3

Hiii, did any of you guys do this morning's paper 3? How did you find it?
Reply 1
Original post by beatrizadell14
Hiii, did any of you guys do this morning's paper 3? How did you find it?

Hey, I did the Cold War question. I guess it was straightforward yet confusing
Also did the Cold War question paper 32, what interpretation did you say?
Reply 3
Original post by chloemtemple
Also did the Cold War question paper 32, what interpretation did you say?

I didn't label the school of thought (examiner reports say you don't have to). I said the extract blamed the USA for the end of the war time friendship with the USSR, however not for the development of the Cold War. I argued that the historian blamed the development Cold War on the different political language of the allies. I answered in this way because I felt this paper was similar to a paper I did before (May 2017 paper 31). What did you say for the interpretation and what do you think about my answer?
I pretty much said the same thing. I labeled it post revisionist although I was very wary as I know if you get it wrong it can restrict your mark dramatically but I was feeling pretty confident the more I wrote so I added it in. It seems like a lot of people are just saying revisionist bc of how the USA is blamed but I felt like there wasn’t complete exoneration of the USSR and, as you said, there was a suggesting if miscommunication and lack of understanding because of the different political languages. So basically the same idea as you
Reply 5
Original post by chloemtemple
I pretty much said the same thing. I labeled it post revisionist although I was very wary as I know if you get it wrong it can restrict your mark dramatically but I was feeling pretty confident the more I wrote so I added it in. It seems like a lot of people are just saying revisionist bc of how the USA is blamed but I felt like there wasn’t complete exoneration of the USSR and, as you said, there was a suggesting if miscommunication and lack of understanding because of the different political languages. So basically the same idea as you

Lol I’m glad to hear someone else wrote the same thing!

Quick Reply

Latest