The Student Room Group

Glasgow university Reach programme

Hi, this is probably a long shot but is anyone else doing the reach programme for Glasgow university? Should I be worried that I only achieved a ‘satisfactory’ in the essay? Will this damage my chances in terms of offers next year rather than improve them (as is the purpose of the programme)? Also is anyone else going to the campus week next week?
Original post by scottishst25
Hi, this is probably a long shot but is anyone else doing the reach programme for Glasgow university? Should I be worried that I only achieved a ‘satisfactory’ in the essay? Will this damage my chances in terms of offers next year rather than improve them (as is the purpose of the programme)? Also is anyone else going to the campus week next week?

everyone i've spoken to in my school, including myself, were given a satisfactory in the essay so i think that should be fine

i'm quite scared to go to the campus tomorrow because i have no idea where i'm going
Original post by rach-atl
everyone i've spoken to in my school, including myself, were given a satisfactory in the essay so i think that should be fine

i'm quite scared to go to the campus tomorrow because i have no idea where i'm going

Haha this is kinda weird now cause we’re probably in the same flat right now XD how did you find today? I’m kinda worried about finding my way around tomorrow too - what are you studying? Thanks for the reassuring me about the essay btw I can get paranoid about these things 😂
Haha this is kinda weird now cause we’re probably in the same flat right now XD how did you find today? I’m kinda worried about finding my way around tomorrow too - what are you studying? Thanks for the reassuring me about the essay btw I can get paranoid about these things 😂

haha no problem, i was really annoyed cause i spent ages on my essay

i'm going for medicine but i don't even want to study medicine anymore, just going to see if i can be pulled back into it lol
haha no problem, i was really annoyed cause i spent ages on my essay

i'm going for medicine but i don't even want to study medicine anymore, just going to see if i can be pulled back into it lol

Im doing law, did they give you personal statement homework as well? Are we supposed to just fill in the questions or actually start writing it for real? Are you staying at Murano street?
Im doing law, did they give you personal statement homework as well? Are we supposed to just fill in the questions or actually start writing it for real? Are you staying at Murano street?

to be honest i'm not sure, i was too nervous to listen since i got separated from the only people i knew, i'm only going to fill in the questions but i'm sure we were to write it for real.

and no i'm travelling by train + subway
to be honest i'm not sure, i was too nervous to listen since i got separated from the only people i knew, i'm only going to fill in the questions but i'm sure we were to write it for real.

and no i'm travelling by train + subway

Ah that sucks, I just filled in the questions too but I guess we’ll probably have to write it eventually anyway 😂
Reply 7

When do you receive the assignment reply
I think it took about a month
i’m aware this thread’s really old but i don’t know where else to post this.

is the campus week necessary to attend? i’m participating in the programme but i may not be able to go to the campus week as i won’t be here.

Quick Reply

Latest