The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Transferring from Glasgow Uni to Strathclyde

After passing my first year of Computing Science (BSc) at the University of Glasgow and now starting my second, I have come to realise - due to a few different reasons - that I would like to move and continue my studies at Strathclyde.

My family, friends and boyfriend are very supportive and I have had a formal meeting with my current advisor of studies at Glasgow who is happy to write a reference and provide my transcript to the admissions team at Strathclyde.

I would like to re-do my second-year at strathclyde instead of going into third, which is a curious choice I know but the courses are different and I do not want to go into my honours years absolutely clueless.

How would I go about transferring to strathclyde, do they take direct transfers or must I just reapply through UCAS for second-year entry? I have emailed them but they have taken 3 weeks and still not replied, even after 2 phone calls.

I am also worried they will not let me into second-year and I may have to do the whole university thing from the beginning which is just me overthinking a bit.

Any help or advice is appreciated, thank you for reading!
Original post by ktewallace
After passing my first year of Computing Science (BSc) at the University of Glasgow and now starting my second, I have come to realise - due to a few different reasons - that I would like to move and continue my studies at Strathclyde.

My family, friends and boyfriend are very supportive and I have had a formal meeting with my current advisor of studies at Glasgow who is happy to write a reference and provide my transcript to the admissions team at Strathclyde.

I would like to re-do my second-year at strathclyde instead of going into third, which is a curious choice I know but the courses are different and I do not want to go into my honours years absolutely clueless.

How would I go about transferring to strathclyde, do they take direct transfers or must I just reapply through UCAS for second-year entry? I have emailed them but they have taken 3 weeks and still not replied, even after 2 phone calls.

I am also worried they will not let me into second-year and I may have to do the whole university thing from the beginning which is just me overthinking a bit.

Any help or advice is appreciated, thank you for reading!

Hi @ktewallace 🙂 You would need to re-apply through UCAS, yes. I'd advise getting in touch with our Computer & Information Sciences admissions team by emailing [email protected] with a note of the subjects you've studied and grades achieved to date. Is this the email you've reached out to already? If so drop them another email and mark it high importance if you've waited 3 weeks for a reply as normally they reply quicker than this. Can I ask which number have you called too?

They'll be able to advise whether they're able to consider you for the programmes or not so they can compare your curriculum.

-Caitlin 😀
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending