The Student Room Group

Messi or Ronaldo?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Louis.
Don't do this to me pal.

Messi wins pretty dribbles, Ronaldo wins tournaments.

Quote me when Messi turns up in a big game.

You say this like Ronaldo has won far more tournaments than Messi?
Reply 41
Original post by Louis.
Last time Messi did anything in a big game?

:tumble:

He's the more talented player but he just doesn't have the same mentality. Ronaldo's gone to another level in the last few years. 4 CLs and a Euros in 5 seasons is genuinely ridiculous.

People still saying Messi just don't understand football tbh.

And what did he do in this years UCL final?

Spoiler

Original post by Louis.
Don't do this to me pal.

Messi wins pretty dribbles, Ronaldo wins tournaments.

Quote me when Messi turns up in a big game.

Do some research. Messi has scored more goals finals than Ronaldo, with a better ratio.
Original post by as125
And what did he do in this years UCL final?

Spoiler

What did Ronaldo do? Lmao
Reply 44
Alba cuts it back inside and MESSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Reply 45
Original post by Wilfred Little
Literally none of this is true though and backs up the point about fans with short memories who want to pretend Messi's career didn't happen.

You say short memories, I say not being stuck in the past.

Over the last 5 years Ronaldo has taken his game a level Messi has never reached. Simple as that. Performing so consistently in so many big games is something Messi has never done.

And it just so happens that over that period Messi has started to go awfully quiet when his team needs him the most.
Original post by BlairPeach
What did Ronaldo do? Lmao

Nevermind, read it wrong
Original post by as125
So that shows you didn't watch the UCL final because the answer was "Ronaldo did sh*t in the final"

I'm a Liverpool fan lmao. I thought you was saying that about messi
Reply 48
Messi > Ronaldo

Ronaldo is seen as better now because his team has won a few CL titles in a row while the Barcelona side has declined. The Euro 2016 is a shithouse of all absolutes. Any other edition Portugal would’ve gone out in the group stage as they finished 3rd in their group. Immense amount of luck to win that tournament.

Messi can do stuff all on his own, or provide for others. Ronaldo’s game will always require some input from his teammates.

Ronaldo is a machine upfront; Messi is a God.

Reply 49
I'm a Liverpool fan lmao. I thought you was saying that about messi

Ahhh sorry bout that

Nah, mans a diehard Messi fan

Got to say, Ramos pulled a dirty UFC armbar on Salah and a knee to karius's head
Disgusting player
Reply 50
Original post by S.G.
Messi > Ronaldo

Ronaldo is seen as better now because his team has won a few CL titles in a row while the Barcelona side has declined. The Euro 2016 is a shithouse of all absolutes. Any other edition Portugal would’ve gone out in the group stage as they finished 3rd in their group. Immense amount of luck to win that tournament.

Messi can do stuff all on his own, or provide for others. Ronaldo’s game will always require some input from his teammates.

Ronaldo is a machine upfront; Messi is a God.

Got to love that goal
Was that the game where he got the harrick with a 10 man barca in the UCL semi final against Madrid?
Reply 51
Original post by as125
Got to love that goal
Was that the game where he got the harrick with a 10 man barca in the UCL semi final against Madrid?

Champions League semi final 1st leg 2010/11.

Madrid had Pepe sent off in that game.
Original post by Louis.
You say short memories, I say not being stuck in the past.

Over the last 5 years Ronaldo has taken his game a level Messi has never reached. Simple as that. Performing so consistently in so many big games is something Messi has never done.

And it just so happens that over that period Messi has started to go awfully quiet when his team needs him the most.

No he hasn't, Messi has 'turned up' in loads of big games since about 2005, it's just that Real Madrid have been the better team in Europe recently.
No he hasn't, Messi has 'turned up' in loads of big games since about 2005, it's just that Real Madrid have been the better team in Europe recently.

Messi has actually 'turned up' in more big games (finals) than Ronaldo. But they've only started watching football in 2015
Reply 54

It's just that Ronaldo has scored 70 goals in the last 5 Champions League seasons.
Original post by Louis.
It's just that Ronaldo has scored 70 goals in the last 5 Champions League seasons.

Ronaldo took 144 games to reach 100. 123 for Messi. Messi will have more goals when he reaches Ronaldos games. It just so happens that Madrid have assembled the best team in club history.
Ronaldo took 144 games to reach 100. 123 for Messi. Messi will have more goals when he reaches Ronaldos games. It just so happens that Madrid have assembled the best team in club history.

I don't think Ronaldo fans know what a team is.
Reply 57
Keep digging through the archives for Messi's big goals lads. Well done for finding footage that isn't black and white.

While you're at it, if you could post Ronaldo's free kick vs Spain or his overhead vs Juve that'd be great.
Reply 58
Original post by Louis.
Keep digging through the archives for Messi's big goals lads. Well done for finding footage that isn't black and white.

While you're at it, if you could post Ronaldo's free kick vs Spain or his overhead vs Juve that'd be great.

Or the goal that he scored in the UCL final this season.....
Oh wait that was Bale

Dw there's plenty of Ronaldo penalties in the archives, The only thing he really scores
Reply 59
Louis' choice in GOATs almost as bad as his choices of winning players in the draft.

Quick Reply

Latest