The Student Room Group

favourite literature of literature

I study English at university level and I get so passionate about pieces of literature that I love! I won't stop talking about it!
I love a good tragedy like Wuthering Heights, Tis a Pity she's a Whore, Othello and Gatsby....
What're your favourites?

(also my title was a typo but kinda works too!!!)
Original post by jasmine6277
I study English at university level and I get so passionate about pieces of literature that I love! I won't stop talking about it!
I love a good tragedy like Wuthering Heights, Tis a Pity she's a Whore, Othello and Gatsby....
What're your favourites?

This thread is probably best in the Books, comics section. This section is for academic purposes. And you probs would get responses.

Shall I move it for you?

PS: I love morality, madness and decadent literature. So; Dorian Gray, Blindness, Therese Requin, The Outsider, Equus, The Wasp Factory, Cuckoo's Nest, American Psycho, etc!
The picture of Dorian Gray, The adventures of Huck Finn, Lord of the flies and my favourite novel is 'GONE'
I'm a huge fan of early Sci-Fi novels! HG Wells is my favourite author, and The time machine is my favourite novel!! Currently rereading The Island of Doctor Moreau by Wells which is equally as good!!
What're your favourites?

I studied joint honours English Literature with History at university too. I have too many favourite works of Literature but I would say my favourite works that I could read over and over again are Shakespeare's King Lear, Milton's Paradise Lost, and Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment.
Reply 5
Original post by Constantine2018
I studied joint honours English Literature with History at university too. I have too many favourite works of Literature but I would say my favourite works that I could read over and over again are Shakespeare's King Lear, Milton's Paradise Lost, and Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment.

I’m reading paradise lost at the moment and I love it!
Original post by marveldinosaur
I'm a huge fan of early Sci-Fi novels! HG Wells is my favourite author, and The time machine is my favourite novel!! Currently rereading The Island of Doctor Moreau by Wells which is equally as good!!

Doctor Moreau is a great novel! I read it in my 2nd year of uni! It's brilliant!
Personally I have a soft spot for The Picture of Dorian Gray due to attending the same school as Wilde, but aside from my person connection/affection ], the book is exceptional! Gatsby generically is one of my favourite pieces of literature and shares many parallels with the hedonism of Dorian.
Joyces' Ulysses (personal connections to him also lol) was a challenging yet rewarding text and I try to attend Blooms day which is annually celebrated in Dublin.
I enjoyed Jeffrey Archers' Cliffton Chronicles very much and would highly recommend reading/audio book.
I’m reading paradise lost at the moment and I love it!

It is a literary masterpiece.
Reply 9
Daniel Deronda-L'assomoir-Le Pere Goirot-Hard Times-Vanity Fair-North and South-Orley Farm-
I like reading young adult contemporary for example 'everything everything' or 'all the bright places'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending