The Student Room Group

Should women be allowed to be topless in public?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by raaachek
Why? Being naked (or wearing little that weighs you down) is liberating! If you want to irrationally stigmatise, sexualise and demonise women's bodies that's your prerogative, but that should have no bearing on their behaviour. They shouldn't have to sacrifice their comfort because some choose to be offended by boobies.

But what if they feel more comfortable covering their assets. They deserve the right to cover as much as another wanting to be exposed!
Original post by aamirac
But what if they feel more comfortable covering their assets. They deserve the right to cover as much as another wanting to be exposed!

Yeah, but relaxing restrictions on nudity would still allow them the option of covering up if they so wished...
I think women should go topless, it's their right and I think it demonstrates their resolve. I think we should actively encourage women going topless in public. Society will be better for it.
That would expose women to different types of harm. I'll leave the rest of the rest of thinking to u as its subjective of how people would think about that, I see the point of your question though.. however women's modesty is best preserved.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ivybridge
No - there's a difference between the upper torso of a male and a female.

How is there a difference, may I ask? Both have nipples, women just tend to have a bit more fat around their nipples than men
Original post by aamirac

Yeah good point. I won't deny that a bra or thereabouts is essential for certain activities. I dislike all that bobbling and jangling when on the treadmill as much as the next lady :wink:

We shouldn't be legally obliged to cover them up when out and about if we don't want to, though. Most of the time I can't stand bras because I can feel them restricting my circulation.
Isn’t it interesting that in many media outlets such as TV and tabloids, it’s the woman’s nipple that is censored rather than the actual jug - but the nipple is the part of boob anatomy that is shared with men.
Surely if people were to be offended, it should be exposure of the flesh / jug of the boob that would cause offence, not the nipple? Logically, anyway.
Original post by Bezoar
Isn’t it interesting that in many media outlets such as TV and tabloids, it’s the woman’s nipple that is censored rather than the actual jug - but the nipple is the part of boob anatomy that is shared with men.
Surely if people were to be offended, it should be exposure of the flesh / jug of the boob that would cause offence, not the nipple? Logically, anyway.

Its sexism, pure and simple. Its so that men can still have control of women. There's nothing different between a women's nipple and a mans
Original post by Anonymous
Its sexism, pure and simple. Its so that men can still have control of women. There's nothing different between a women's nipple and a mans

How exactly do men have control over women? And what changes if they can show their nipples?
If it were legal, then women would just complain about guys staring at their boobs, no matter what happens that type of person will always complain about something
Original post by GlockInmyRari
How exactly do men have control over women? And what changes if they can show their nipples?

If a man can show his nipples, then why ant a women?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending