The Student Room Group

Sick of being shamed for wearing shorts!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ohdearstudying
unless you’re really fat those shorts are fine and shouldn’t draw any attention.

men just need to learn not every bum needs to be touched or gawked at and can be left happily alone.

apologies for this on behalf of men like wtf we’re so weird

"Apologies on behalf of men"
I see you're one of those self hating losers who think men are evil and how you're such a good guy
Then girls don't go out with you and you go on rants about how girls only like bad boys
Right listen good and listen close if push comes to shove I want you to go for a throat stab or a kick to the groin...... Thank me later.
Those aren’t even that short wow, people are stupid
Original post by MMMmMmmkkN
I see you're one of those self hating losers who think men are evil and how you're such a good guy
Then girls don't go out with you and you go on rants about how girls only like bad boys

Swap men with another group of people then read it back.
Original post by CatL8
This is less of question, more of a rant because my day has honestly been ruined by this. Feel free to comment your experiences/opinions.

I decided today to wear shorts and a high neck sleeveless top which, similar to what I've been wearing for the past 2 weeks since it is very hot (which we're all aware of). All that was on show were my arms and legs.

I've had multiple comments today about my shorts (pictured), how they are "too short", "revealing", the can see my "cheeky bits", how I'm "asking for it" by wearing them and that I can't complain if guys harass/perv on me etc.

I find it extremely frustrating as I am simply dressing for the weather, for my comfort and MYSELF, and I still struggle to understand why people cannot accept that my body is a body - not an object for them to constantly criticise. If a man decides to take his shirt off in hot weather, no-one bats an eye - but OH MY GOD a woman in shorts! How dare she???

I have experienced serious harassment from men in the past, none of these situations had any correlation with how much skin I had on show. For example, in the middle of winter I was waiting for my bus to work. I was fully dressed in boots, jeans, a raincoat, hat and scarf and yet still a man advanced on me, ignored my multiple rejections and tried to follow me to work. I was f*cking terrified.

Why do we still have to deal with this kind of attitude?

shorts.jpg

I'm glad that people are standing up against sexual immorality. There is no need to wear shorts as short as what many girls wear nowadays.
Original post by Joel 96
I'm glad that people are standing up against sexual immorality. There is no need to wear shorts as short as what many girls wear nowadays.

Why should others suffer for your projected guilt?
Original post by The_Icy_One
Why should others suffer for your projected guilt?

It's not guilt, it's disgust. Why should I be subjected to look at women's legs and blatant provocative clothing? I get it, you want to attract men, but can you do it in a more civilized manner? Nobody is that hot.
Original post by Joel 96
It's not guilt, it's disgust. Why should I be subjected to look at women's legs and blatant provocative clothing? I get it, you want to attract men, but can you do it in a more civilized manner? Nobody is that hot.

Again, you're projecting. At least in my experience, shorts are comfortable, and if it weren't for food hygiene issues, I'd wear them pretty much every day, and I generally do so without caring about how I look. I can reasonably imagine that there are others who share my views on this.

And regarding your comment that 'Nobody is *that* hot', I can tell you that I was out in shorts and a t-shirt today and still found the heat pretty suffocating within about half an hour.
Original post by Joel 96

Maybe Iran is the country for you?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Maybe Iran is the country for you?

This is why I enjoy our conversations.
Original post by Joel 96

Joel when he sees some short shorts

Joel when he sees some short shorts

Stupid sexy Flanders
Original post by Joel 96

Am I aloud to wear lycra whilst riding my bike?

Or is that to sexy?

Original post by MMMmMmmkkN

Not at all, I just don’t like typical male culture and if you refuse to accept there’s a problem then that’s down to you.

Not sure what my love life has to do with this, but it’s nonexistent regardless 😂
Am I aloud to wear lycra whilst riding my bike?

Or is that to sexy?

Anything that makes me question my sexuality is too sexy.
Original post by Joel 96

Are you a woman? No. Do you know how it feels for us in this extreme heat? No. So please do everyone a favour and **** off with your old fashioned and sexist views. We should be allowed to wear whatever we want because WE want to and NOT because we want to attract men. Besides your attitude is rather disgusting and worrying, so I can't imagine any woman being dumb enough to want to attract you. Learn to respect women and try to understand that the things we do/wear or anything else has NOTHING to do with you and they are certainly NOT for you. Sometimes but not always. We can wear whatever we want to when it's hot. Would you like it if people were whistling at you, making comments and telling you, you can't wear this that's too revealing or you're 'asking for it'? It's perfectly alright for you men to wear whatever you want - shorts and maybe even being shirtless. Do us women go wow look at that man's body and making sexual comments about ti? No. Do we act petty like you and go why should i be subjected to looking at a man's legs and shirtless body? No.
Seriously they're ****ing legs! We all have them grow the **** up! Honestly you must come from the cave man era or something because your mindset is backwards as ****! Keep your narrow-minded, sexist views to yourself please and whilst you're at it, learn to respect women and understand they can wear and do what they want and not have to change because you feel uncomfortable. We're human beings not sexual objects for your gratification.
Original post by tessimoghaddam
Are you a woman? No. Do you know how it feels for us in this extreme heat? No. So please do everyone a favour and **** off with your old fashioned and sexist views. We should be allowed to wear whatever we want because WE want to and NOT because we want to attract men. Besides your attitude is rather disgusting and worrying, so I can't imagine any woman being dumb enough to want to attract you. Learn to respect women and try to understand that the things we do/wear or anything else has NOTHING to do with you and they are certainly NOT for you. Sometimes but not always. We can wear whatever we want to when it's hot. Would you like it if people were whistling at you, making comments and telling you, you can't wear this that's too revealing or you're 'asking for it'? It's perfectly alright for you men to wear whatever you want - shorts and maybe even being shirtless. Do us women go wow look at that man's body and making sexual comments about ti? No. Do we act petty like you and go why should i be subjected to looking at a man's legs and shirtless body? No.
Seriously they're ****ing legs! We all have them grow the **** up! Honestly you must come from the cave man era or something because your mindset is backwards as ****! Keep your narrow-minded, sexist views to yourself please and whilst you're at it, learn to respect women and understand they can wear and do what they want and not have to change because you feel uncomfortable. We're human beings not sexual objects for your gratification.

Classic.

If there's some undocumented evidence that women get hotter than men on average, I'd like to hear it. In the most extreme heats, shorts at knee-level and thin trousers do just fine. Tell me, do you wear make-up as well? If so, I'm assuming you're going to say you don't do it to attract men, right? Well that's just another example of plausible deniability. During sexual stimulation, both the lips and cheeks turn red, which is what make-up is intended to do: create the illusion that this is a woman in heat. It's ridiculous and primitive that we allow this stuff in society so casually and without fuss.

No, I will not respect wahmen.
Original post by Joel 96
Classic.

If there's some undocumented evidence that women get hotter than men on average, I'd like to hear it. In the most extreme heats, shorts at knee-level and thin trousers do just fine. Tell me, do you wear make-up as well? If so, I'm assuming you're going to say you don't do it to attract men, right? Well that's just another example of plausible deniability. During sexual stimulation, both the lips and cheeks turn red, which is what make-up is intended to do: create the illusion that this is a woman in heat. It's ridiculous and primitive that we allow this stuff in society so casually and without fuss.

No, I will not respect wahmen.

My point wasn't that women get hotter than men but at the same time you are not a woman so you don't know how we feel in the heat, the same way I don't know how men feel in the heat. However, if a man was to wear shorts and take his shirt off, nothing would happen BUT if a woman was to wear a strappy top and shorts, it's suddenly not ok because everything we do, has to be related to men. How is that fair? Why shouldn't we be allowed to wear shorts or skirts if men can wear shorts? Doesn't really make much sense. Also a lot of men have not been educated enough to understand that women are not sexual objects to be gawked at and not everything we do has to be because of you. Seriously get over yourselves because the world does NOT revolve around YOU. Why is it for you to decide what women wear in the summer? Maybe knee-length shorts and thin trousers are still TOO hot for us. Regardless what's it your business anyway?
Yes I do sometimes wear make up but not all the time. Yes I don't do it to attract men I wear make up because I LIKE IT, I WANT TO WEAR IT, I personally think it looks pretty. SO ****ing what? If it attracts men that's their thoughts not mine. I couldn't care less what a man thought of me if i wore make up or no make up. I do it for me. Not everything I do has to be for men. I have a boyfriend anyway so no I wouldn't feel the need to wear it for a man or to attract them. And even if I was single, why should I have to wear make up or not wear any because it may or may not attract men? We are allowed to do things for ourselves thanks and not for the approval of men. Personally the only thing ridiculous and primitive I can see here is you, NOT make up. Yes blush might make a woman cheeks appear rosy and flushed but make up and sexual stimulation are two VERY different things. Do I feel the same wearing make up on my cheeks and lips when I'm intimate with my boyfriend? No. Seriously you need help because you have issues that clearly won't be solved if a woman wore no make up and covered every inch of their body.
If you don't want to respect women ( or wahmen as you so childishly put) then that's your outlook. Don't complain if you find yourself all alone for the rest of your life. Who would want a hypocritical, disrespectful and rather backwards man in their life anyway - who has to constantly critique what we do and needs your approval for everything they do/wear/think. I feel very sorry for any woman who has had to put up with you in their lives...
Original post by tessimoghaddam
My point wasn't that women get hotter than men but at the same time you are not a woman so you don't know how we feel in the heat, the same way I don't know how men feel in the heat. However, if a man was to wear shorts and take his shirt off, nothing would happen BUT if a woman was to wear a strappy top and shorts, it's suddenly not ok because everything we do, has to be related to men. How is that fair? Why shouldn't we be allowed to wear shorts or skirts if men can wear shorts? Doesn't really make much sense. Also a lot of men have not been educated enough to understand that women are not sexual objects to be gawked at and not everything we do has to be because of you. Seriously get over yourselves because the world does NOT revolve around YOU. Why is it for you to decide what women wear in the summer? Maybe knee-length shorts and thin trousers are still TOO hot for us. Regardless what's it your business anyway?
Yes I do sometimes wear make up but not all the time. Yes I don't do it to attract men I wear make up because I LIKE IT, I WANT TO WEAR IT, I personally think it looks pretty. SO ****ing what? If it attracts men that's their thoughts not mine. I couldn't care less what a man thought of me if i wore make up or no make up. I do it for me. Not everything I do has to be for men. I have a boyfriend anyway so no I wouldn't feel the need to wear it for a man or to attract them. And even if I was single, why should I have to wear make up or not wear any because it may or may not attract men? We are allowed to do things for ourselves thanks and not for the approval of men. Personally the only thing ridiculous and primitive I can see here is you, NOT make up. Yes blush might make a woman cheeks appear rosy and flushed but make up and sexual stimulation are two VERY different things. Do I feel the same wearing make up on my cheeks and lips when I'm intimate with my boyfriend? No. Seriously you need help because you have issues that clearly won't be solved if a woman wore no make up and covered every inch of their body.
If you don't want to respect women ( or wahmen as you so childishly put) then that's your outlook. Don't complain if you find yourself all alone for the rest of your life. Who would want a hypocritical, disrespectful and rather backwards man in their life anyway - who has to constantly critique what we do and needs your approval for everything they do/wear/think. I feel very sorry for any woman who has had to put up with you in their lives...

[video="youtube;VSOwhAjhjdQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSOwhAjhjdQ[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest