The Student Room Group

Family

My mom wont let me wear shorts at all this summer just because I wore shorts that were a little way to short and I didn't tell her and now she's completley banned me from wearing shorts all summer. What do I do?
Reply 1
heyy in this situation, I really think it's important to approach your mom with understanding and respect when you communicate with her on how you feel. Have a calm conversation with her, acknowledging her concerns and apologizing for not informing her about the shorts you wore but also how it wasn't your intention to be wearing "short shorts" to provoke anyone or anything.
Express that you've learned from your mistake and would like the opportunity to wear "appropriate" shorts during the summer.
The thing with parents is that you wanna do your best to not make them even more mad to the point where they wont give you what you want LOL. Try to be rational even though you feel like she's being unfair.
You can try to propose a compromise or alternative solution that addresses her concerns while still allowing you to feel comfortable.
goodluck girl xx
Wear shortish skirts instead ?

It think you need to speak to her calmly explain that you hadn’t released the shorts had been quite that small on you and you have got rid of them ( taking action should get you brownie points) maybe ask her to go through your wardrobe with you to identify anything else that might too small to avoid this situation in the future. After that ask if she might lift the ban seeing as you’ve taken action to avoid the situation arising again any you have demonstrated you’ve learned your lesson. Hopefully she will say yes.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending