The Student Room Group

Life at Harris Westminster Sixth Form

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LivanC21
Thanks for your reply, Has it been changed for to OCR A for further maths aswell?

Further maths is unchanged
I have recently found out about Harris Westminster, but alas it is of course far too late to apply. It seems like the perfect place for me to continue my education, especially since I've been dissuaded from going to the Sixth Forms and Colleges that I have applied to, and in some cases, been given conditional offers for. Is there any hope for me to somehow acquire a place, or should I just give up?

<(>.<)>.
Original post by tundra.x
I have recently found out about Harris Westminster, but alas it is of course far too late to apply. It seems like the perfect place for me to continue my education, especially since I've been dissuaded from going to the Sixth Forms and Colleges that I have applied to, and in some cases, been given conditional offers for. Is there any hope for me to somehow acquire a place, or should I just give up?

<(>.<)>.

Call us when you get your results and ask if there are any spaces available. A lot of people get into our school through that way
Original post by HWSF Senate
Call us when you get your results and ask if there are any spaces available. A lot of people get into our school through that way

Oh I understand, thank you. In regards to picking four A levels, what are the grade requirements as I know that it tends to differ from each institution and if I apply in August, will I have do undergo further testing alongside an interview?
Oh I understand, thank you. In regards to picking four A levels, what are the grade requirements as I know that it tends to differ from each institution and if I apply in August, will I have do undergo further testing alongside an interview?

You need at least a 6 or 7 for what you want to study. You won’t have to do a test nor an interview, i think.
Hi,

This feed is great by the way!

I was wondering if planners are provided by the school or do we have to purchase them ourselves?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for good laptops or tablets to bring to lessons?

How does borrowing laptops from the library work?

Sorry, you are interviewed when you apply in results day. You are usually interviewed by Mr Handscombe!
Original post by abert101
Hi,

This feed is great by the way!

I was wondering if planners are provided by the school or do we have to purchase them ourselves?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for good laptops or tablets to bring to lessons?

How does borrowing laptops from the library work?

Planners are not provided.
You can bring whatever laptop really- I use an Ipad.
You can borrow a Lenovo laptop/tablet (it’s both) from the library as long as you return it by the end of the day.
Planners are not provided.
You can bring whatever laptop really- I use an Ipad.
You can borrow a Lenovo laptop/tablet (it’s both) from the library as long as you return it by the end of the day.

Is your name Saba?
What topics do you study for history?
Original post by hungrywhale21
What topics do you study for history?

Depends on your teacher. Topics can be Tudors, Italian Unification, Crusades and American Revolution...
Reply 71
Depends on your teacher. Topics can be Tudors, Italian Unification, Crusades and American Revolution...

If you don’t like the topic, is it possible to change class early on during the course?
Original post by alxna_1
If you don’t like the topic, is it possible to change class early on during the course?

Um i don’t think so...
Um i don’t think so...

Lol I knew you were Saba
Are you allowed to pick more than four A levels at Harris Westminster?
Are you allowed to pick more than four A levels at Harris Westminster?

No
Hello. If you had applied to study Maths at A Level but just miss getting a 7 to study it, would you be barred from taking it? Furthermore, would that also bar you from taking Economics, even if you had gotten an A or above in it at GCSE? I'm a bit worried about if I'll be able to get a 7; from how the tests went, I think I could but it's still a bit uncertain as I don't know what the grade boundaries are going to be.

Also, I heard that if you wanted to, you could buy a laptop for some £200 from the library if you wished? Is that still the case or no?

Thanks.
Original post by daian0205
Hello. If you had applied to study Maths at A Level but just miss getting a 7 to study it, would you be barred from taking it? Furthermore, would that also bar you from taking Economics, even if you had gotten an A or above in it at GCSE? I'm a bit worried about if I'll be able to get a 7; from how the tests went, I think I could but it's still a bit uncertain as I don't know what the grade boundaries are going to be.

Also, I heard that if you wanted to, you could buy a laptop for some £200 from the library if you wished? Is that still the case or no?

Thanks.

“expectation of at least six grades 6s including grades 7, 8 or 9 in the subjects applied for”

The reason why getting an A in Maths is needed for Econ is because not everyone did gcse econ therefore they base your eligibility to take the subject on your maths grade (which everyone takes).

If you don’t get the grades, they will advise you take another subject.

Laptop for £200 is still available.
“expectation of at least six grades 6s including grades 7, 8 or 9 in the subjects applied for”

The reason why getting an A in Maths is needed for Econ is because not everyone did gcse econ therefore they base your eligibility to take the subject on your maths grade (which everyone takes).

If you don’t get the grades, they will advise you take another subject.

Laptop for £200 is still available.

Ah, okay. Thank you.
Hi. Would you happen to know what sort of laptop the library provides?

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest