The Student Room Group

Best sixth forms in or around London

So i saw this thread but it’s 5 years old so I decided to make a newer one but just changed it a bit.
So it’s also for my own use since I’ll be applying for sixth forms this year but what sixth forms in or around London are good for taking the a levels?
Feel free to also add any sixth forms which are terrible ahaha.
And if you could maybe say why to any of these it would be really helpful. Thankyou
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Westminster
The London Oratory School
(edited 5 years ago)
London Academy of Excellence, Newham Collegiate Sixthform
Reply 3
Woodhouse
St michaels grammar
Henrietta barnet
Camden girls
Latymer
St dominics harrow
London oratory
Original post by Oseremen A.
I think it depends on which curriculum you want to pursue. The IB or A-levels?

A levels
Original post by JamesMartin65
Westminster
The London Oratory School

These are Private schools aren't they - you should make that clear if they are. Not everyone wants that sort of 'education'
Original post by Muttley79
These are Private schools aren't they - you should make that clear if they are. Not everyone wants that sort of 'education'

Oratory isn’t private is it???
Original post by Purplebottle

No but Westminster is - don't you need to be Catholic though?
Reply 8

https://www.oratory.co.uk/admissions/fees-and-extras
No but Westminster is - don't you need to be Catholic though?

Pretty sure you have to be Catholic for oratory but i am catholic anyways. Thanks for the help with Westminster, guess i wont be applying there
Depends on how many A-Levels you want to do. 3 or 4?
Original post by FloralPrints
Depends on how many A-Levels you want to do. 3 or 4?

Not sure yet, but don’t most sixth forms let you choose?
Not sure yet, but don’t most sixth forms let you choose?

Yh some of them but some say you need to take 4! Annoying ikr
Pretty sure you have to be Catholic for oratory but i am catholic anyways. Thanks for the help with Westminster, guess i wont be applying there

Look at the results for subjects you want to do. Don't spend too long travelling. What sort of degree and unis do leavers go to? Some are very 'single track' ie lots of medicine no Engineering or Arts subjects.
Look at the results for subjects you want to do. Don't spend too long travelling. What sort of degree and unis do leavers go to? Some are very 'single track' ie lots of medicine no Engineering or Arts subjects.

Oh idm about travel since im already spending 1 1/2 hours to my current school so it’s fine.
I guess most schools do well in the subjects i wanna take since it’s like maths and physics.
Thankyou so much for the help! I’ll make sure to check where the students go to and stuff.
Oh idm about travel since im already spending 1 1/2 hours to my current school so it’s fine.
I guess most schools do well in the subjects i wanna take since it’s like maths and physics.
Thankyou so much for the help! I’ll make sure to check where the students go to and stuff.

Ooo maths and physics! What do you want to do in the future!
Original post by FloralPrints
Ooo maths and physics! What do you want to do in the future!

Civil engineering but I’m not 100% sure about it yet, what about you?
Civil engineering but I’m not 100% sure about it yet, what about you?

Medicine 😀

I would cut down on travel if you can - that is a long time ....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending