The Student Room Group

Social thriller idea- Opinions

Okay so I came up with a social thriller for my final year project and my idea is this:

Society tends to stigmatise abortion a lot so my idea is goin to be based on that. I have to do it in 10/15 minutes. The idea is going to showing the audience how women have their rights denied to them, I know it's not illegal but it's looked down upon)

I want to do it 3 different view points

1) A pregnant women is weeping and reaches for a plastic bag to soffocate herself. This is no dialogue so it's quite vague. Lots of close ups with her pregnant stomach, weeping.

2) Crime investigation, dectives, newsreports are aleting everyone about this epidemic of women of women dying. There is a conspiracy going on that doctors are giving out the wrong drugs to pregnant women causing them to die.

3) They believe that the cause of the death is because of a killer going around town, they are unware who it is, still searching and trying to find out who it is.

As you can see it is vague. I dont want to have different view points to leave the audience to think whats going on. I know i's only 10/15 mintues so it might be a bit past paced.

Can you please give me your opinions/improvements? Thank you
(edited 5 years ago)
uhh...
Reply 2
Original post by Pantera Fan Club
uhh...

Serious replies or dont bother.

Thank you!
Reply 3
Original post by Pantera Fan Club
uhh...

Agreed
Reply 4
Can some give me ACTUAL opinions/feedback please?
Thank you
Original post by up834547
can some give me actual opinions/feedback please?
Thank you

2 coa od current climate
Reply 6
Original post by RJomana
2 coa od current climate

haha what??
haha what??

focus more heavily on the 2nd one because of what is happening currently with women getting abortions at illegal clinics
Reply 8
Original post by RJomana
focus more heavily on the 2nd one because of what is happening currently with women getting abortions at illegal clinics

omg finally a good reply!!
Thank you so much xx
Original post by SomMC1
I like the fourth idea most bro

there is no 4th idea ????????
Reply 10
he's trying to be funny but its failing
Original post by RJomana
there is no 4th idea ????????

i was joking, sorry
Reply 12
Original post by SomMC1
I like the fourth idea most bro

-1/10
-1/10

huh
Reply 14
Original post by SomMC1

(Original post by SomMC1)You will do all 3 scenarios in your film? I like the 2nd one the most. The story line could be quite long, compared to 1). In one you cant have her crying for 15 min.

The whole film is 15 minutes long

all the three sections will be in it. the women crying is a very small part and is like 2 minutes at most and the 2nd and 3rd part will be the longest...
Reply 15
Original post by RJomana
huh

his joke wasn't funny to me
Reply 16
bump
Reply 17
bump
Very smart. That’s good. I don’t know how far in you are but I’m willing to help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending