The Student Room Group

Difficulty getting motivated to look at clearing options

I'm struggling to look at clearing options in case it comes to it on Thursday because I would happily go to any of the unis I went to open days for, but only a couple of those have entry requirements low enough for the highest grades I could have if I've missed my firm and insurance offers (which would be BBC). I haven't found anywhere else in clearing that really speaks to me which makes me less motivated to keep looking but at the same time going to uni in September is what I want to do more than anything so I'm not sure what to do. Obviously I'm hoping to meet the requirements for my firm and insurance too but I seem to have so much doubt, even though I worked hard at exams.
Reply 1
Original post by elliewelly16
I'm struggling to look at clearing options in case it comes to it on Thursday because I would happily go to any of the unis I went to open days for, but only a couple of those have entry requirements low enough for the highest grades I could have if I've missed my firm and insurance offers (which would be BBC). I haven't found anywhere else in clearing that really speaks to me which makes me less motivated to keep looking but at the same time going to uni in September is what I want to do more than anything so I'm not sure what to do. Obviously I'm hoping to meet the requirements for my firm and insurance too but I seem to have so much doubt, even though I worked hard at exams.

Many people don't start looking until/unless they have to. Yes, it's best to do a bit of pre-planning... but if you don't want to then that's fine too. You'll probably be absolutely ok eitherway,

Don't worry :smile:

Just wait for your results. I would say there's a good chance you made it and you dont want to go down that road unless you have to. Should your grades fall way short, then do not pock a uni you arent interested in. Resit would be a much better choice. Post back if it goes pear shaped but at this stage I would bet you are going to be fine.

If you want some suggestions/recommendations then I’m sure that TSR will try to help. Let us know your subject and the sort of universities that you’ve liked so far. People reading this may well know about similar universities with lower requirements that might suit you (which is easier than trawling through lists of universities that you’ve never really heard of).
Original post by 999tigger
Just wait for your results. I would say there's a good chance you made it and you dont want to go down that road unless you have to. Should your grades fall way short, then do not pock a uni you arent interested in. Resit would be a much better choice. Post back if it goes pear shaped but at this stage I would bet you are going to be fine.

That's true, I think I worked hard enough to get the minimum I need (3 B's) but it's just my mind constantly coming up with the worst case scenario from nerves :s-smilie:
Original post by PQ
If you want some suggestions/recommendations then I’m sure that TSR will try to help. Let us know your subject and the sort of universities that you’ve liked so far. People reading this may well know about similar universities with lower requirements that might suit you (which is easier than trawling through lists of universities that you’ve never really heard of).

That would be helpful, thank you!! I want to do joint honours English Literature/History (either one of those) and German and the unis that I liked were Exeter (my firm to do history and german), Sheffield (my insurance which is english and german), Leeds, Southampton, Reading and Surrey.
That's true, I think I worked hard enough to get the minimum I need (3 B's) but it's just my mind constantly coming up with the worst case scenario from nerves :s-smilie:

Keep busy and good luck.
If you know you worked hard then you did your best so if it comes under then its just a case of working on your technique . Just sounds like nerves imo.

Quick Reply

Latest