The Student Room Group

A-level resits for medicine at bristol

Does Bristol university allow resit applicants to enter their medicine course?
Original post by lyss.av
Does Bristol university allow resit applicants to enter their medicine course?

What Bristol states:

"Applicants are expected to take three A-levels in one two-year sitting. However, we will consider applicants who are completing resits of GCSEs and/or A-levels (or equivalent level 3 qualifications). A maximum of one resit is allowed in any one subject."
Reply 2
Original post by Blue_Cow
What Bristol states:

"Applicants are expected to take three A-levels in one two-year sitting. However, we will consider applicants who are completing resits of GCSEs and/or A-levels (or equivalent level 3 qualifications). A maximum of one resit is allowed in any one subject."

So does that mean you can only do one re-sit in one subject only out of the 3 A-levels? Because I was wondering to re-sit both biology and chemistry only but I wasn’t so sure about it
Original post by lyss.av
So does that mean you can only do one re-sit in one subject only out of the 3 A-levels? Because I was wondering to re-sit both biology and chemistry only but I wasn’t so sure about it

One resit per subject, so resitting both Bio and Chem should be fine.

Contact Bristol to double check if it helps to put your mind at further ease :smile:
Reply 4
One resit per subject, so resitting both Bio and Chem should be fine.

Contact Bristol to double check if it helps to put your mind at further ease :smile:

Thank you so much :smile: I was also wondering whether or not I should re-sit bio and chem or go to Plymouth university where I have an offer to go and study biomedical science? I am tempted to re-sit but the only problem is that I would then have to re-apply through UCAS for medicine by this October and I have not seem to done much medical related experience to edit my personal statement for the new application. The only new things I can think of putting on is my part-time jobs I have been doing over the summer and then having to do the UKCAT soon is another thing. However I really love the medicine course at Bristol so if I do end up doing biomedical science and then medicine after that, I won’t be eligible to apply for Bristol if I don’t re-sit at least chemistry
Original post by lyss.av
Thank you so much :smile: I was also wondering whether or not I should re-sit bio and chem or go to Plymouth university where I have an offer to go and study biomedical science? I am tempted to re-sit but the only problem is that I would then have to re-apply through UCAS for medicine by this October and I have not seem to done much medical related experience to edit my personal statement for the new application. The only new things I can think of putting on is my part-time jobs I have been doing over the summer and then having to do the UKCAT soon is another thing. However I really love the medicine course at Bristol so if I do end up doing biomedical science and then medicine after that, I won’t be eligible to apply for Bristol if I don’t re-sit at least chemistry
you
you should do what you love , at least then you want have any regrets. Even if you still dont get the grades you wanted at least you tried and youll never ask your self what if ..
Have you already done work experience? You shouldn't need any more if you did some recently, particularly if you got an offer already :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Interrobang
Have you already done work experience? You shouldn't need any more if you did some recently, particularly if you got an offer already :smile:

I have done work experience related to medicine but this was all last summer between year 12 and year 13 so my worry is that I haven't done any recent work experience this summer in order to update my PS for october this year. I don't have a medicine offer which is why i would want to try again for undergraduate med by re-sitting.
Original post by lyss.av
I have done work experience related to medicine but this was all last summer between year 12 and year 13 so my worry is that I haven't done any recent work experience this summer in order to update my PS for october this year. I don't have a medicine offer which is why i would want to try again for undergraduate med by re-sitting.

I wouldn't worry too much about the timing of it :smile:
What Bristol states:

I may be wrong here, but from what I remember the resit must still be within the 2 year period. could be wrong though
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending