The Student Room Group

GCSE Result confusion

Hi, so I received my gcse results today and was pretty chuffed with my results, however I was a little confused about my DT marks/grade. Under the Mark Equiv category, it said 96 next to the coursework component and 69 next to the theory exam component and I got an A overall, however grade boundaries said 92 for A star in coursework and 57 for an A star in the exam. Is this UMS, raw marks or some weird cryptic grade system. I remember my teacher telling me that I received 96% in coursework so it wouldn’t make sense for that to be UMS unless there was an error. Anyone else have a similar problem?
Reply 1
Were those your only modules? UMS has been scrapped, I believe. So this seems weird.
Reply 2
Original post by ashylolz
Hi, so I received my gcse results today and was pretty chuffed with my results, however I was a little confused about my DT marks/grade. Under the Mark Equiv category, it said 96 next to the coursework component and 69 next to the theory exam component and I got an A overall, however grade boundaries said 92 for A star in coursework and 57 for an A star in the exam. Is this UMS, raw marks or some weird cryptic grade system. I remember my teacher telling me that I received 96% in coursework so it wouldn’t make sense for that to be UMS unless there was an error. Anyone else have a similar problem?

That's weird. Do you know what exam board this is and what specification it is?
Reply 3
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
That's weird. Do you know what exam board this is and what specification it is?

Edexcel DT Resistant Materials A*-G
Reply 4
Original post by Sinnoh
Were those your only modules? UMS has been scrapped, I believe. So this seems weird.

Just the two, yeah
Reply 5

I'll have a look for you. Thanks. :smile:
Reply 6

From what I can see, it seems that what you see on your grades sheet is in UMS.

96 UMS/84 Raw Marks - Grade A in the coursework
69 UMS/>49 Raw Marks - Grade A in the theory exam

In terms of getting an A* ...

108 UMS/92 Raw Marks - coursework
72 UMS/57 Raw Marks - theory exam

Hope this helps. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
From what I can see, it seems that what you see on your grades sheet is in UMS.

96 UMS/84 Raw Marks - Grade A in the coursework
69 UMS/>49 Raw Marks - Grade A in the theory exam

In terms of getting an A* ...

108 UMS/92 Raw Marks - coursework
72 UMS/57 Raw Marks - theory exam

Hope this helps. :smile:

Hmm, I suspected it would be UMS. I think I’ll contact my DT teacher to see if there was a mistake with the coursework mark. Thanks for the assistance.
Reply 8
Hmm, I suspected it would be UMS. I think I’ll contact my DT teacher to see if there was a mistake with the coursework mark. Thanks for the assistance.

No worries! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest