The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Missed accommodation deadline - what to do?!

Hey Warwick students / applicants! :nutcase:

I ask this on behalf of a friend.

He has an offer to read chemistry at Warwick and has firmed it. However, he missed the accommodation form deadline and has sent no information back. He told me he was meant to state a preference of 1 out of 5 halls or something.

What happens now? And what should he do?

Will he get accommodation?

Thanks. I'll +rep any good replies as a token of his appreciation. :yep:
Apply ASAP. If you apply after the deadline then applications are done on a first come first served basis. The longer you wait the less likely the uni will help him find a place.

At this stage I'd say a place on campus is unlikely. If he does get a place it will be for Westwood sharing (you share a room with another person for the first few weeks - one will then have to move out to 'no shows' on campus or to places off campus. However the uni manage off campus accommodation (mainly at Liberty Park in Cov, also individual houses) and if you end up here the uni might give a free bus pass for the year. Make sure the application is done before A level results - clearing is coming up soon and the later he leaves it the worse the situation. Applying in late August/early September will probably mean he will have to find his own accommodation. But applying now might mean the uni will help out.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
My friends are looking for a housemate (three of them will be 2nd year students, one of which is doing biochem) to stay with next year in Earlsdon. Maybe your friend might be interested?
Reply 3
TheTallOne
Apply ASAP. If you apply after the deadline then applications are done on a first come first served basis. The longer you wait the less likely the uni will help him find a place.

At this stage I'd say a place on campus is unlikely. If he does get a place it will be for Westwood sharing (you share a room with another person for the first few weeks - one will then have to move out to 'no shows' on campus or to places off campus. However the uni manage off campus accommodation (mainly at Liberty Park in Cov, also individual houses) and if you end up here the uni might give a free bus pass for the year. Make sure the application is done before A level results - clearing is coming up soon and the later he leaves it the worse the situation. Applying in late August/early September will probably mean he will have to find his own accommodation. But applying now might mean the uni will help out.

Cheers, he found that helpful and bought me a muffin. :biggrin:

Whilst I cannot share it with you, for obvious logistical and hygienic reasons, I can extend his gratitude with a well-timed positive reputation comment on TSR. :cookie:

Regards.

Edit: Consider that I 'owe you one' mate, feel free to ask if you need anything. :wink:
jbdnsvk
HELLOOOO, this is very urgent, I have missed my accommodation offer by Herts last week and I do not know what to do. I feel like it is late already.
Original post by jackreign
HELLOOOO, this is very urgent, I have missed my accommodation offer by Herts last week and I do not know what to do. I feel like it is late already.

Hi @jackreign,

I'd recommend calling the accommodation office asap, their number is: + 44 (0) 1707 284071.

If unfortunately you are too late, here's some info about off-campus accommodation: https://www.herts.ac.uk/life/student-accommodation/off-campus-accommodation.

Best of luck!

Thanks,
Heather
Reply 7
Original post by jackreign
jbdnsvk

This is an ancient thread, and now closed.

Latest