The Student Room Group

Does tailored tutors actually work???

I've been seeing all these adverts on it and it seems pretty legit
soo yeahh
i want an honest opinion of someone who's actually tried the thing x
Ok here's my experience so far:

I have recently enlisted help from a History tutor, which is kinda understandable cos history is nothing if not hell. I have had amazing results with her, my grades and confidence really going up and I feel like I'm so on top of my work which is great.

I also thought it would be useful to try a French tutor. This didn't work out so well, maybe it was because French is more all over the place than history or maybe its just because I hate French, but tutoring just wasn't as good.

Overall I would say make sure you pick a good tutor and don't try to do it cheaply if you're going to do it. Very good for boosting confidence and you know that you're learning at exactly your pace and asking more questions than normal in class, which is great for getting your head around things.
Reply 2
Original post by Dobby's Phoenix
Ok here's my experience so far:

I have recently enlisted help from a History tutor, which is kinda understandable cos history is nothing if not hell. I have had amazing results with her, my grades and confidence really going up and I feel like I'm so on top of my work which is great.

I also thought it would be useful to try a French tutor. This didn't work out so well, maybe it was because French is more all over the place than history or maybe its just because I hate French, but tutoring just wasn't as good.

Overall I would say make sure you pick a good tutor and don't try to do it cheaply if you're going to do it. Very good for boosting confidence and you know that you're learning at exactly your pace and asking more questions than normal in class, which is great for getting your head around things.

Thankk youu x
How much do you pay your tutor an hour?
I want to get an idea of the prices
Original post by ZAYBOBZ
Thankk youu x
How much do you pay your tutor an hour?
I want to get an idea of the prices

No worries, I pay £40 an hour and get a lesson once a fortnight x
Original post by ZAYBOBZ
soo yeahh

YES THEY ARE INSANEEEE
deffo worth it
I’ve brought and used both for my Alevels. Even though snaprevise is way cheaper it doesn’t help u as much as tailored tutors as tailored tutors really explains the content well and you can ask many questions and take part in webinars where they can address your problems live. Constant support is always available and it’s actually tailored for your exam board. Having experienced both I highly reccomend tailored tutors. You can thank me later.
Reply 6
Original post by DoctorAngel
I’ve brought and used both for my Alevels. Even though snaprevise is way cheaper it doesn’t help u as much as tailored tutors as tailored tutors really explains the content well and you can ask many questions and take part in webinars where they can address your problems live. Constant support is always available and it’s actually tailored for your exam board. Having experienced both I highly reccomend tailored tutors. You can thank me later.

So did you get the grades that you wanted with the website?
Thank you so much
Original post by ZAYBOBZ
soo yeahh

Well I'm in the A2 year for Biology now, and I've had it for a day, i learned so much in only a day, Tailored Tutors videos are very well presented, they are very specific to the mark scheme of the exam boards when they condense the notes, and specification, they link the topics and take into consideration any issues students may have in terms of any topic, I've used Snaprevise for AS and it's only good for understanding difficult concepts however they are not specific to the mark schemes, so unless if you keep practising exam question, people won't do as well with snap-revise, plus £30 per a month (or more for the ultimate) is much more worth it than a tutor
Reply 8
Original post by Juniper Plant
Well I'm in the A2 year for Biology now, and I've had it for a day, i learned so much in only a day, Tailored Tutors videos are very well presented, they are very specific to the mark scheme of the exam boards when they condense the notes, and specification, they link the topics and take into consideration any issues students may have in terms of any topic, I've used Snaprevise for AS and it's only good for understanding difficult concepts however they are not specific to the mark schemes, so unless if you keep practising exam question, people won't do as well with snap-revise, plus £30 per a month (or more for the ultimate) is much more worth it than a tutor

Thank you so much!
Do you have a code that I can use while signing up.
Also, do you use a revision guide with tailored tutors or just watch the videos then do the questions
Original post by ZAYBOBZ
Thank you so much!
Also, do you use a revision guide with tailored tutors or just watch the videos then do the questions

I didn't use any code whilst signing up, it's all a subscription based, and i haven't got my revision guides/textbooks yet for A2 Chem/Bio (eek) however using them alone helps me to understand hard concepts (there's no questions with the videos however), but for the sake of keywords and linking other topics and recap a Revision guides are vital
Original post by ZAYBOBZ
Thank you so much!

Hey there, I have some videos! Message me for details!
Hey, just out of interest how did you get the videos? I want to buy it but dunno if it’s worth it, can you send me the videos please so I can get an idea of what it’s like!Some people say it’s pricey- just wnana see as I don’t want to waste my money!
Original post by lukelaing
Hey, just out of interest how did you get the videos? I want to buy it but dunno if it’s worth it, can you send me the videos please so I can get an idea of what it’s like!Some people say it’s pricey- just wnana see as I don’t want to waste my money!

They've got sample videos on youtube
They had some coupon code thingy to use for the half term for free when you sign up. I use it for maths and it is useful, the woman that does the videos has experience as a senior examiner so she gives lots of useful tips.

Quick Reply

Latest