The Student Room Group

MSc Biomedical Science Route Help!!!

Hi Everyone!
I have a question which requires urgent advice/answers to!

Firstly, I will be studying a Masters in Biomedical Science and the university I will be studying at offers a Haematological route as well as a Medical Microbiological route of Biomedical Science.
My question is:

Which career will help me land a job in a Hospital better (and possibly for anywhere in life later on)?
1) the Haematological route of Biomedical Science or
2) the Medical Microbiological route of Biomedical Science.

Thank you in advance for all your answers/replies/advice!
Original post by GHOST_X
Hi Everyone!

Firstly, I will be studying a Masters in Biomedical Science and the university I will be studying at offers a Haematological route as well as a Medical Microbiological route of Biomedical Science.
My question is:

Which career will help me land a job in a Hospital better (and possibly for anywhere in life later on)?

I'd imagine demand would be similar and would vary year by year. Maybe have a look at how many jobs are out there at the moment?

Any sage advice @RegisteredBMS
Original post by GHOST_X
Hi Everyone!

My question is:

An IBMS-accredited Masters isn't always sufficient for HCPC registration but can be, so just make sure you do your research first. The actual criteria for HCPC registration states an IBMS-accredited undergraduate degree, but a MSc can sometimes qualify.

In terms of Haematology/Microbiology, staff amounts are the same across the NHS however opportunities to get into each is higher for Haematology due to a higher staff turnover linked to working patterns.

That said, if you enjoy one over the other then that should be the deciding factor, once you're in, you're in. They are two very different disciplines.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending