The Student Room Group

A level geography

Hey,

So at GCSE I absolutely loved geography, like it was my favourite subject and everything like even though others didn't like it I still did but anyway i was 100% sure i was gona continue it for AS even though my sister said she hated it. I even got a grade 8 at GCSE which I was happy with. Anyway, i'm 3 weeks into the a level course and honestly I DESPISE the physical stuff. Like I find it so boring and I don't know if I should drop the whole course all together because of it. Like I find the human side very interesting but this physical stuff is honestly just too much. I might do biology, english or RS instead. What do you guys think? Does it get better?? Honestly im so lost and confused
Omg I’m in the exact same position, I used to love geography & got a 9 at GCSE but the A Level seems so different and I’m really not enjoying the physical stuff either. I think maybe because it’s too sciency? I don’t really want to swap because the only other thing I would consider is English Lit which I’m good at but have never really liked. Sorry I don’t have any advice, I’m just glad I’m not the only one in this position 😂
Reply 2
Original post by paralleluniverse
Omg I’m in the exact same position, I used to love geography & got a 9 at GCSE but the A Level seems so different and I’m really not enjoying the physical stuff either. I think maybe because it’s too sciency? I don’t really want to swap because the only other thing I would consider is English Lit which I’m good at but have never really liked. Sorry I don’t have any advice, I’m just glad I’m not the only one in this position 😂

Yeahh me too! I got good in English at GCSE but do i really want to do it for a level?? ugh i dont know. I hope someone can help us both haha . What other options do u do btw?
Original post by gurlll
Yeahh me too! I got good in English at GCSE but do i really want to do it for a level?? ugh i dont know. I hope someone can help us both haha . What other options do u do btw?

history and RS, wbu??
Reply 4
history and RS, wbu??

chemistry and psychology :/
Reply 5
Original post by gurlll

i knoww my options are so random
Original post by gurlll

If youre enjoying chemistry maybe you should switch geography to biology?? My friend’s doing biology and it seems to have quite a lot of chemistry in it? from what I’ve seen it looks quite hard though
Reply 7
If youre enjoying chemistry maybe you should switch geography to biology?? My friend’s doing biology and it seems to have quite a lot of chemistry in it? from what I’ve seen it looks quite hard though

yeaahhhhh im deffo not up for that stress LOOL
Reply 8
Hi,
I am in my second year of 6th form, doing btec double business and aqa a level geography. To be honest, it didn't get better for me, as I have started to dislike geography. But ultimately, it is your choice. But if you are worry about the grades, I think a significant amount of % is on NEA, which could be helpful if you get an A. But I feel you gurl, just push through and in no time you'll be done with school!

(Original post by gurlll)Hey,

So at GCSE I absolutely loved geography, like it was my favourite subject and everything like even though others didn't like it I still did but anyway i was 100% sure i was gona continue it for AS even though my sister said she hated it. I even got a grade 8 at GCSE which I was happy with. Anyway, i'm 3 weeks into the a level course and honestly I DESPISE the physical stuff. Like I find it so boring and I don't know if I should drop the whole course all together because of it. Like I find the human side very interesting but this physical stuff is honestly just too much. I might do biology, english or RS instead. What do you guys think? Does it get better?? Honestly im so lost and confused
Original post by gurlll
Hey,

Hey I finished Geography A level this summer I hated the physical side and loved human, but I stuck through it and tried my best overall ended up getting an A and this is from someone who got B at GCSE for Geography, so if I can do it I think you are more than capable of making it too, also I did English aswell aha, studying at LSE now so all worked out

Quick Reply

Latest