The Student Room Group

Graduate Programme 2019 application support group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by drgainz1010
Wow nice! They must have loved your application as you've heard back so quickly! Did you come from a target uni or something?

Maths at Warwick so probably, although I think that course is more of an IB target than audit/professional services. I didn't think 4 working days was *that* fast lel. I've heard of people being given responses quicker- perhaps my interview game them a little pause (or maybe it was ok and I'm way too over-critical).

Does anybody really know when assessment centre dates for Mazars usually are? The email says it will be a while.
Original post by fatart123
Maths at Warwick so probably, although I think that course is more of an IB target than audit/professional services. I didn't think 4 working days was *that* fast lel. I've heard of people being given responses quicker- perhaps my interview game them a little pause (or maybe it was ok and I'm way too over-critical).

Does anybody really know when assessment centre dates for Mazars usually are? The email says it will be a while.

aaah just got my email now. I guess I was just being too over-critical as well hahaha
Reply 82
Has anyone done the career conversation for pwc yet?
Reply 83
Hi guys Applied for the Finance role at Barclays a while back.

Completed the Online test Monday (3Days ago) and was invited to the Online Interview.

Just got an email saying they wont be taking my application further due to a high volume of applicants.

Firstly has anyone else got this email?

Secondly it said they would like me to potentially reconsider and apply for another role. Should i ring up and transfer to another role.

THanks
Reply 84
I'm trying to apply for Deloitte - financial advisory - M&A, however when completing the application form this option doesn't come up for any location. Does anyone know if I'm too late or have they not opened all of their programmes yet??
Reply 85
Original post by sstorch
I'm trying to apply for Deloitte - financial advisory - M&A, however when completing the application form this option doesn't come up for any location. Does anyone know if I'm too late or have they not opened all of their programmes yet??

I don't think it's too late at all, the applications only opened 10 days ago! That option might come up later, I've read that there was a service line questionnaire in past years where you could pick the specific role after the online immersive test. Idk if that helps, deep breaths!
Original post by drgainz1010
Hello,

graduated this year from a target uni however, no internships under my belt - just couldnt be bothered to apply when I was a student :frown:

now I have already applied to about 60 for grad schemes, however still waiting for the big4. No chance of me getting into front office roles so im trying for consultancy/finance

How have you managed to apply for 60. Any tips and advice on how ur doing it, I'm also applying this year, Sept 2019, and only just made a list with closing deadlines.
Reply 87
How is it all going for everyone. I am enjoying the new Immersive Online Assessments this year. Much better than the previous tests. The EY one was much more engaging and interesting. Got about 6 live applications at the moments with 2 interviews coming up. Got about 4 fails so far. Sure that will rise though :frown:
Reply 88
Do you know if all of the companies require logical tests with shapes and patterns and if they are difficult? I am ok with the numerical tests but the logical are killing me.
Reply 89
Original post by Mr XcX
How is it all going for everyone. I am enjoying the new Immersive Online Assessments this year. Much better than the previous tests. The EY one was much more engaging and interesting. Got about 6 live applications at the moments with 2 interviews coming up. Got about 4 fails so far. Sure that will rise though :frown:

Anything specific to watch out for in the Deloitte test, how did you prepare other than the practice tests? You're well ahead with 6 live apps, good luck! What interviews have you got coming up?
Reply 90
Original post by SueKH
Anything specific to watch out for in the Deloitte test, how did you prepare other than the practice tests? You're well ahead with 6 live apps, good luck! What interviews have you got coming up?

The Deloitte Assessment was much harder than the others I've done. They'll tell you straight away if you've failed though so no messing about. They then fully review your application if you pass and I guess proceed to the next stage. I've not heard back from them yet but will let the thread know. In terms of the test I think I can remember the questions were much trickier on the text based sources they gave. It was all based on technology and I really did not find it that interesting. The maths questions are fairly simple as you got a lot of time to gather your head together and can get a good grasp of what to do. Also a lot of SJT which are just IMO vile in any graduate online tests, I find them just so unengaging.
Got GT interview tomorrow. Nervous :/
Original post by Ammmmnah
How have you managed to apply for 60. Any tips and advice on how ur doing it, I'm also applying this year, Sept 2019, and only just made a list with closing deadlines.

Applied to about 80 now hahaha

I've made a spreadsheet and record how far I've got through their process with dates.

I guess a lot of LinkedIn searches, top 100 grad schemes/firms, etc...

Applying to a lot of various roles within financial services so yeah lol
Reply 92
Just done the Grant Thornton interview. Really worried how I done. Messed up the start by just completely blanking. Recovered at the end though. I doubt it's enough. Think I did okay on the case study. I think you need to pass both to succeed.
Original post by Mr XcX
Just done the Grant Thornton interview. Really worried how I done. Messed up the start by just completely blanking. Recovered at the end though. I doubt it's enough. Think I did okay on the case study. I think you need to pass both to succeed.

All the best man!

Any tips for everyone else?
Reply 94
Yep. Failed Grant Thornton. I suffer from social anxiety so it was hard considering it was my first proper interview. So nervous :frown: Oh well still go a few going.
Reply 95
Original post by Mr XcX
Yep. Failed Grant Thornton. I suffer from social anxiety so it was hard considering it was my first proper interview. So nervous :frown: Oh well still go a few going.

It's still early days yet! Each failed application is just practice for the next one you start :h: Good luck for the rest!

I have 2 on the go right now (completed both video interviews last night) but might start a third- or actually do some studying now haha
Original post by Lunara
Not the big 4. But if anyone is interested in local gov and planning to apply for NGDP I'm more than happy to give advice for the application stages.

I was successful in my application for cohort 20 while completing my final year of uni and I am about to start working in a week and a half at my local authority :smile:

Id like to know more about this programme, Im planning to start my application pretty soon so any advice or tips would be much appreciated.
Original post by Mr XcX

Could you share what were the interview questions you received or how was about the case study? Or shoud I email you privately?
I have done the PwC career unlocked and have been invited to the career conversation. Anyone have any ideas of what it involves. It seems different to a normal video interview
Original post by Vicky2419
I have done the PwC career unlocked and have been invited to the career conversation. Anyone have any ideas of what it involves. It seems different to a normal video interview

Hey, what was your final score at the end for Career Unlocked?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending