The Student Room Group

Surrey Or Reading University For Law?

Which University Is Better For Law?

Where do these universities sit in-terms of prestige for a future job application? They aren’t Russel group status, but would they be considered mid-level or upper mid-level?
What sort of job applications?
Most jobs don’t care at all about which university you attended - they care about your degree classification, subject and what experiences you’ve had outside your studies.
Original post by rjdjsbs
Which University Is Better For Law?

Where do these universities sit in-terms of prestige for a future job application? They aren’t Russel group status, but would they be considered mid-level or upper mid-level?

Hi @rjdjsbs,
We're so glad to hear you're considering Reading! According to the Complete University Guides 2024, our Law course sits at #39 of over 100 universities across the UK, meaning it is towards the upper-mid level standard. We've designed our course with employability at the forefront of the syllabus, so you'll find lots of networking opportunities and an encouragement towards placements, as seen in our dedicated work experience programme to strengthen your future job applications. Some of my friends who recently completed the course say the department is really supportive, well organised and helpful, so it definitely makes for a good environment to learn! Many previous graduates have gone onto work with accountancy firms, local government, finance, marketing, and in a wide variety of other fields within global corporations, national and European businesses, as barristers in chambers, and for the Crown Prosecution Service.

You might find it useful to check out our programme page here, for more useful information about careers and course structure, and I'd recommend chatting to third year Law student Angel or our second years Charlotte and Parsa to learn a bit more about what its like to study Law here.

I hope this helped! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask :smile:
Kat
MA Diplomacy Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending