The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Choosing course units?

I have activated my IT account and confirmed my attendance, but cant seem to find where I'm supposed to choose my course units. Help?!?!
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by eleanor299
I have activated my IT account and confirmed my attendance, but cant seem to find where I'm supposed to choose my course units. Help?!?!

You've been on to your MyManchester account?
You'll need to go on to there and select tools, from here you need to select student system. Then, select student centre and on the left hand side there is an option to enrol, and you'll need to search the modules you want to take :smile:
Reply 3
I tried to do that but I cant find the enrol button anywhere, I think maybe something is wrong with my student centre? This is what the academics part looks like: Screen Shot 2018-08-25 at 17.50.25.png

Original post by MartinisSkip
You've been on to your MyManchester account?
You'll need to go on to there and select tools, from here you need to select student system. Then, select student centre and on the left hand side there is an option to enrol, and you'll need to search the modules you want to take :smile:
[quote(Original post by eleanor299)]I tried to do that but I cant find the enrol button anywhere, I think maybe something is wrong with my student centre? This is what the academics part looks like: Screen Shot 2018-08-25 at 17.50.25.png

Oh yeah that does seem odd, you can call the IT services on this number 0161 306 5544 which is open 24/7 and hopefully they should be able to help you :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by MartinisSkip
[quote(Original post by eleanor299)]I tried to do that but I cant find the enrol button anywhere, I think maybe something is wrong with my student centre? This is what the academics part looks like: Screen Shot 2018-08-25 at 17.50.25.png

Oh yeah that does seem odd, you can call the IT services on this number 0161 306 5544 which is open 24/7 and hopefully they should be able to help you :smile:

thanks so much!!! will do :smile:
Is there a deadline for confirming your course on MyManchester and for choosing course units? I'm almost sure of the units that I want to do, but feel like there isn't any rush and I could change my mind upon arriving in Manchester and meeting other people who are doing the same degree.
Reply 7
Theres a deadline, I think its something like September 21st, but deffo check in case u want too long.

Original post by snipecaik
Is there a deadline for confirming your course on MyManchester and for choosing course units? I'm almost sure of the units that I want to do, but feel like there isn't any rush and I could change my mind upon arriving in Manchester and meeting other people who are doing the same degree.
Original post by eleanor299

As I suspected you need to wait until you arrive in Manchester to select your course units, I double checked the course selection guide that was linked in the pre-arrival guide and it states "Course units are not currently open. Please don’t attempt to enrol on your course units until you receive further information during Welcome Week."
source: http://www.welcome.manchester.ac.uk/your-course/humanities/economics/baecon-and-combs/units/
Hope this helps.
Original post by snipecaik
As I suspected you need to wait until you arrive in Manchester to select your course units, I double checked the course selection guide that was linked in the pre-arrival guide and it states "Course units are not currently open. Please don’t attempt to enrol on your course units until you receive further information during Welcome Week."
source: http://www.welcome.manchester.ac.uk/your-course/humanities/economics/baecon-and-combs/units/
Hope this helps.

You should be able to do it now, just without much guidance yet. Your course administrator will send you an email around the start of September usually to offer more guidance about enrolling. It's usually only advised that you wait if you're not 100% sure which modules to take or you don't know how to enrol online.

There are guides here for SALC courses (including history and sociology)
https://www.alc.manchester.ac.uk/student-intranet/undergraduate/course-unit-selection/

If you're sure about some courses you should be able to pick them now, and if you pick one you're not sure of you can always swap it before the deadline which would be after welcome week.

It probably depends which School you're a part of in terms of enrolling, I know SALC definitely allow you to enrol now, and you can access the programme structures through the above link.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 10
Hey all,

I'm a distance learning student and I need to choose my course units via the Student Centre. Has anyone had difficulty every now and then with the Student Centre? It seems like the server is offline or something. It keep saying the site can't be reached. Is it just me?
Original post by ECu88
Hey all,

I'm a distance learning student and I need to choose my course units via the Student Centre. Has anyone had difficulty every now and then with the Student Centre? It seems like the server is offline or something. It keep saying the site can't be reached. Is it just me?

Hey, I think everyone's having issues with it atm. A few people have contacted IT about it, so hopefully should be fixed soon!
They're doing maintenance atm. It was on twitter. But it would have been nice for them to send an email. It's driving me mad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending