The Student Room Group

International USA Student UCAS Application (Education)

How do I properly fill out the education section of the UCAS application? All the universities I'm applying to only require my GPA score, high school diploma, and an SAT score (I'm choosing the SAT route). I have already manually inputted my place of education, "my high school," and my qualification for that will be my high school diploma with my GPA and graduation date. Now, do I have to manually input all the classes I've taken in high school like a transcript in the module unit section? That's the part that I'm mainly confused about. Do I even need to fill out that section? To fill out that section, you need to input your module/unit, the qualification date (I'm guessing that means the day you got your final grade for that class/course), and the result/grade. I don't mind filling that out, but do I need to? I've seen some other threads on Reddit that say that they have heard someone on YouTube say that they need to manually input all their courses/units. Module, I don't know. Please help. Oh, and I have left my SAT pending for now because I think I'm going to take the SAT test in November or October. It depends on how comfortable I'm feeling. "Yes, I'm a high school graduate."
UCAS requires you declare all qualifications attempted and completed. I believe for US students this means you need to record your high school diploma, and every attempted AP exam. If you do IB you need to also include that (with each individual IB subject as well).

Not actually sure if your SAT/ACT is included in the UCAS application or just reported to the school. I believe you need to send all scores in any event though normally.

I don't believe you need to add all your non-AP high school classes to your high school diploma based on what I've seen @PQ and @Admit-One advise, but will defer to their knowledge!
You can just list your high school diploma as a qualification without underlying modules. Any university that needs more details will ask for a transcript directly.

As above though you MUST list all AP qualifications as well as your SATs/ACTs. You can’t pick and choose which qualifications to list - ALL formal qualifications must be listed
Original post by PQ
You can just list your high school diploma as a qualification without underlying modules. Any university that needs more details will ask for a transcript directly.

As above though you MUST list all AP qualifications as well as your SATs/ACTs. You can’t pick and choose which qualifications to list - ALL formal qualifications must be listed

I have heard people say this many times but my counselor is adamant that I include all my courses as well as my exams, especially since she read St. Andrews entry requirement that an applicant must be taking honors or AP level classes and maintaining A’s or B’s. To the best of your knowledge, will this affect my application to other universities such as Oxford? Will they find my application too convoluted and just chuck it? I would really like to just keep the modules and follow my counselors advice, even though I know they will ask for a transcript. Thank you!
Original post by renben
I have heard people say this many times but my counselor is adamant that I include all my courses as well as my exams, especially since she read St. Andrews entry requirement that an applicant must be taking honors or AP level classes and maintaining A’s or B’s. To the best of your knowledge, will this affect my application to other universities such as Oxford? Will they find my application too convoluted and just chuck it? I would really like to just keep the modules and follow my counselors advice, even though I know they will ask for a transcript. Thank you!

You can leave it in. Most universities don’t import module information from UCAS so will ask for a transcript (and even if a university does import module information they’ll want a transcript).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending