The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

MA TESOL University of Bath vs University of Dundeee

I am confused about whether I should choose to study MA TESOL at the University of Bath or the University of Dundee. I am aware that the University of Bath has a higher ranking and probably better teaching quality than the University of Dundee. However, since the MA TESOL at the University of Bath does not include a dissertation but instead a teaching project, I am worried that it will be harder for me to study PhD later on if I do not have a dissertation. I'd appreciate any advice you may have on this matter.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I am confused about whether I should choose to study MA TESOL at the University of Bath or the University of Dundee. I am aware that the University of Bath has a higher ranking and probably better teaching quality than the University of Dundee. However, since the MA TESOL at the University of Bath does not include a dissertation but instead a teaching project, I am worried that it will be harder for me to study PhD later on if I do not have a dissertation. I'd appreciate any advice you may have on this matter.

Hi there, the MA TESOL at the University of Bath includes a small-scale teaching project (final project), which is assessed through a written dissertation. For more information, please refer to the unit catalogue link below for the final project unit: https://www.bath.ac.uk/catalogues/2023-2024/ed/ED50484.html
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by University of Bath
Hi there, the MA TESOL at the University of Bath includes a small-scale teaching project (final project), which is assessed through a written dissertation. For more information, please refer to the unit catalogue link below for the final project unit: https://www.bath.ac.uk/catalogues/2023-2024/ed/ED50484.html

Will the written dissertation be included in 2024/2025 course as well? I did not see any information about the written dissertation in the description of the final project unit for 2024/2025 course.
Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest