The Student Room Group

69 year old man identifies as a 49 year old man

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by RichPiana
Paedophiles are gonna have a field day after hearing this...

Don't worry, liberals love paedophiles
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by e^iπ
Most crimes committed under the influence of alcohol are by adults, most knife crime is comitted by people over 18.

That because we restrict these to adult. Giving them to children who identify as adults will only increase this.
Original post by e^iπ
Why are you insulting me?

The law should be based on absolutes (or at least try to as this is not always possible)

People can say that they identify as whatever they want. but toilets are sex segregated, not gender segregated

The man I'm the article should be able to change his age of people who have the mental illness of gender dysphoria can change their sex through surgery

Trans people are recognised by science and doctors. If this guy can get a doctor to back him then great - but from his comments that's clearly not his aim nor yours in starting this thread.

Why are you talking about toilets? They've always been gender segregated - there's no knickers check at the door and never has been.

Transphobes are so weird:confused:
Reply 43
Original post by PQ
Trans people are recognised by science and doctors. If this guy can get a doctor to back him then great - but from his comments that's clearly not his aim nor yours in starting this thread.

Why are you talking about toilets? They've always been gender segregated - there's no knickers check at the door and never has been.

Yes I know the term is called gender dysphoria and is a mental illness
Hmm you are one of those people who quote obvious has never studemt science to a high level in their life (probably a idle humanities student).

It's people like you who claim intellectual superiority over religious people because your views are backed by "scicne" yet you don't understand these scientific theories or the gaps in their logic (big bang for example)

Nope, they've been sex segregated, of course now we have to specify gender because of all this gender is a human concept nonsense.

Its fascinating to see people like you to ridicule things like the news article when the logic used is the exact same thing
Original post by PQ

So once he gets a doctor to back his claim, then he is ok to go about his business?

I think the point that has been made is the idea that we either accept all differences or accept none. Yes, trans people and homosexuals have existed for centuries, but so have pedophiles.

There was a white woman who identified as being black because she claimed to genuinely understand and align to the black community. After the initial outrage, it turned to acceptance that race was a man-made concept and should be done away with.

The age discussion, in my opinion, hits that point. If a person genuinely feels that they are younger or older than their age, why shouldn’t they be able to change it? In the case of the man in question, his doctor has come out to say that he does indeed have the body profile of someone younger than his age.

I think age identification will soon be accepted, just as gender, race and other profiles. My worry will be the pedophiles or those lurking in the dark and waiting for the right time to come out.
Reply 45
Original post by Wired_1800
So once he gets a doctor to back his claim, then he is ok to go about his business?

I think the point that has been made is the idea that we either accept all differences or accept none. Yes, trans people and homosexuals have existed for centuries, but so have pedophiles.

There was a white woman who identified as being black because she claimed to genuinely understand and align to the black community. After the initial outrage, it turned to acceptance that race was a man-made concept and should be done away with.

The age discussion, in my opinion, hits that point. If a person genuinely feels that they are younger or older than their age, why shouldn’t they be able to change it? In the case of the man in question, his doctor has come out to say that he does indeed have the body profile of someone younger than his age.

I think age identification will soon be accepted, just as gender, race and other profiles. My worry will be the pedophiles or those lurking in the dark and waiting for the right time to come out.

Liberals treat science like a religion, they dont know how the theories work or their mutable nature, they just accept them as fact, you know a bit like religious people (who liberals abhorr ironically)
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by e^iπ
Liberals treat science like a religion, they dint know how the theories work or that mutable nature of them, they just accept them as fact, you know a bit like religious people (who liberals abhorr ironically)

Life is full of ironies.
Original post by e^iπ
Yes I know the term is called gender dysphoria and is a mental illness
Hmm you are one of those people who quote obvious has never studemt science to a high level in their life (probably a idle humanities student).

It's people like you who claim intellectual superiority over religious people because your views are backed by "scicne" yet you don't understand these scientific theories or the gaps in their logic (big bang for example)

Nope, they've been sex segregated, of course now we have to specify gender because of all this gender is a human concept nonsense.

Its fascinating to see people like you to ridicule things like the news article when the logic used is the exact same thing

I have a BSc from a Russell Group university that I probably got before you were born :yes: I definitely completed my maths, physics and chemistry A levels before you were born and I read A Brief History of Time when it was published (got a hard back copy for my 9th birthday).

So please bite me and try again to actually justify your bigotry with science (you'll struggle because the science doesn't back you up).

Has anyone asked you to demonstrate your sex to enter a mens toilet?

Transphobes - creepily obsessed with other people's junk :nope:

Do the whole of TSR a favour - next time you're hovering over the "post a thread" button go off and find a hobby instead. Your ignorance (and pride in your ignorance) is boring.
Original post by PQ
Do the whole of TSR a favour - next time you're hovering over the "post a thread" button go off and find a hobby instead. Your ignorance (and pride in your ignorance) is boring.

That is uncalled for :K:
Really?

The guy
a) calls me stupid
b) calls everyone who studies non stem subjects stupid
c) calls everyone who studies humanities lazy
d) implies anyone studying non stem subjects is incapable of understanding scientific theory
e) states that all liberal people treat science like religion
f) starts a thread with the aim of propagating myths and lies about trans people
g) is obsessed with knowing what genitals other people have before they're allowed to use a toilet

and I'm over the line for saying that his ignorance and his threads are boring?
As per every other ridiculous example like this, unlike being transgender it is not supported by any medical evidence and therefore is not a comparable example.
I feel like this thread should be in news and current affairs

Moved.
Original post by PQ
Really?

The guy
a) calls me stupid
c) calls everyone who studies humanities lazy
d) implies anyone studying non stem subjects is incapable of understanding scientific theory
e) states that all liberal people treat science like religion
f) starts a thread with the aim of propagating myths and lies about trans people
g) is obsessed with knowing what genitals other people have before they're allowed to use a toilet

Oh WOW.
Original post by CoolCavy
I feel like this thread should be in news and current affairs

Moved.

I feel like this thread should be in the pits of hell :wink:
Reply 54
Original post by PQ
Really?

The guy
a) calls me stupid
c) implies anyone studying non stem subjects is incapable of understanding scientific theory
d) states that all liberal people treat science like religion
e) starts a thread with the aim of propagating myths and lies about trans people
f) is obsessed with knowing what genitals other people have before they're allowed to use a toilet

a) that's for you to know

b) in a sense they are

c) Never said this

d) This is true, please explain to me how the big bang works and how it dislorbes the existence of God?

e) The whole point of the BbC article was to show that this is food for thought and that age could come under the same category as gender in a few years

f) why are the people who made age restrictions "obsessed" with what year someone was born in?

If my threads were really boring to you, you wouldnt have posted a comment in them.
Original post by PQ
I feel like this thread should be in the pits of hell :wink:

That is news and current affairs :wink:
Original post by CoolCavy
That is news and current affairs :wink:

:rofl:
Reply 57
Original post by shadowdweller
As per every other ridiculous example like this, unlike being transgender it is not supported by any medical evidence and therefore is not a comparable example.

There is no medical evidence for transgender a either? It's a mental illness and so cannot be categorised as either universally true or false.

Age is a human defined concept just like gender
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Maybe he's embarrassed by the sexual connotation of 69

Maybe
Original post by e^iπ
There is no medical evidence for transgender a either? It's a mental illness and so cannot be categorised as either universally true or false.

Eh? Are you seriously claiming that gender dysphoria isn't a medical condition? (Also, the WHO classes it as a sexual development disorder, not a mental one).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending