The Student Room Group

The UK needs a leader like Trump to get a good Brexit deal

Theresa May has been a complete disaster in Brexit and is getting a terrible deal. The UK needs a leader who is an actual business man like Trump who will get a good deal for the country.
A leader the UK needs but doesn't deserve.
I don't think a leader like trump would work - hes the sort of person whose personality works when he is the bigger force.. but as the smaller nation arguing with the bigger block? I think he would cause more problems then he would solve.

Yes though in general - a stronger leader may have led to a different outcome.

Leaders have a huge influence on events - just look at WW2, many other leaders would have sued for peace with Hitler after our military was made to look like a group of little boys in france... it took an exceptionally strong and stubborn leader to refuse to compromise and fight on. A weaker leader, and history is a different place.

Its similar here, a different leader would have led to a different outcome. I actually think that corbyn would probably be preferable to may in this case. He is far less dazzled by the EU, and far more principled in general. Even though I don't always agree with his principles.. unlike may, he does have a long history of doing exactly what he thinks is right, even if it hurts him.
Original post by zigglr
business man like Trump

Yeah hes only been Bankrupt six times
TrUMp IS raCIsT wE DOnT WanT H1m
No they don't.They need an intelligent leader.
Reply 6
Original post by Username06

How many bankrupt people turned billionaires do you know?
Original post by Username06

Perhaps we could use a Trump after Corbyn's bankrupted the country to get us back on track.
Original post by zigglr
The UK needs a leader who is an actual business man like Trump who will get a good deal for the country.

Please, please, take Muppet Man. We'd be grateful.
Reply 9
tbh I think Theresa is trying her best. There was never going to be a GOOD Brexit deal in the first place. If you put another person in place of her they will just get the same deal if not worse. You think if she was replaced by Boris Johnston for example, that the EU will turn round and be like ‘oh dear Britain we are so sorry you have Boris as your pm now, here’s a better deal’. Eh no and if someone like Trump was the pm I doubt he would get a decent deal, he would be crushed in negotiations and his outspoken opinions would destroy any chance.
Miraculous how Trump cultists delusionally still think he's a good negotiator after 2 years of him completely proving otherwise.

Remember that his advice to May about the Brexit process was that she should somehow "sue" the EU.....
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by zigglr
Theresa May has been a complete disaster in Brexit and is getting a terrible deal. The UK needs a leader who is an actual business man like Trump who will get a good deal for the country.

I couldn’t think of anyone worse than Trump. Tbh I’d rather have Putin, but on a more realistic level Thatcher would be better and I don’t even like the Tories.

Trump? Yuk!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending