The Student Room Group

Tesco interview

Hi, I've had a years retail/ food experience (both adding up to a year when added together) and I've been called for an interview. I need to bring my passport and they have already told me the days I'll be working/times exactly. And where I'll be working within the store. Any advice to do well on the interview?
Reply 1
Sounds like you’re virtual through the door to be honest. The most important thing is probably that you can offer some working hours that they need to fill like bank holidays and weekends and also have flexibility to do more occasionally. I suppose there might be some of the typical competence flannel of tell me about a time when you went the extra mile, worked as part of a team, gave great customer service etc. And maybe a question to check on your honesty. Good luck
Reply 2
Original post by Zarek
Sounds like you’re virtual through the door to be honest. The most important thing is probably that you can offer some working hours that they need to fill like bank holidays and weekends and also have flexibility to do more occasionally. I suppose there might be some of the typical competence flannel of tell me about a time when you went the extra mile, worked as part of a team, gave great customer service etc. And maybe a question to check on your honesty. Good luck

Thank you so much!
Reply 3
Original post by hi1239fdj
Hi, I've had a years retail/ food experience (both adding up to a year when added together) and I've been called for an interview. I need to bring my passport and they have already told me the days I'll be working/times exactly. And where I'll be working within the store. Any advice to do well on the interview?

Discuss your previous retail experience and what you can offer if you were offered a job with Tesco. How would you deal with a angry customer. How good is your communication skills as you know people will ask you where things are. Why do you want to work with Tesco.

Passport is for ID and to check your right to work situation in UK. Nothing to worry about as it's standard practice with them. Take your national insurance number and also bank details so that they can deal with this for you.

I find it strange that you have been told your days, hours you are going to work and what department you'll be working on before even having a successful interview as they don't normally tell you this information until you had the interview and if successful they will tell you starting date etc.
You still have to have a induction day before you can start.

Team leader and stand in supervisor as required with Tesco.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending